Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A wonderful thing happened today....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MissyMV6, Mar 30, 2011.

1. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Louie aka Mr Bobs FELL ASLEEP ON MY KNEE:D.. In the 10 months we have had him the nearest he has come to sitting on anyones knee is maybe placing a paw on a knee:rolleyes: I finished work early and when I got home Bobs was upstairs sleeping.I sat on the couch with my feet up watching the goggle box.Louie came downstairs (nosey boy lol) and started chirping (This is a new thing too).He then did his usual thing of laying on the floor on his back wanting me to stroke his belly,I was still talking to him but I didn't stroke him,he then jumped onto the back of the couch then onto the cushion near my legs I was still talking to him and patting my legs and then ...He got onto my legs and laid down:eek: He fell asleep really quickly,he was very heavy and kept twitching (cute).I couldn't believe what had happened and was relishing every second, then a delivery guy knocked on the door extra loud Louie didn't hear him he was in such a deep sleep but I had to move him off my legs to answer the door:( I am hoping this is the start of things to come.
    Angie x

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Brilliant :D

Without animals you'd never get these fantastic little moments would you?

Em
    xx

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

That's so lovely :):)

4. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

You've just given me hope!
    Thank you!

5. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

That's Mad, My boy indie has only ever done this once with me too. what is it with these creatures, Funny aren't they. :tongue_smilie:

6. MissyMV6

You are welcome:)

Angie x

7. MissyMV6

Yes they are,Louie is very much like my wonderful moggy boy Smedley (rip) He wanted stroking on his terms although he did actually sit on my knee now and again:) His sister Lulu (rip) was the complete opposite she wanted to be with me and my daughter 24/7 she craved human attention which was wonderful and I really miss that.
    Angie x

8. MissyMV6

No that is so true ;)

Angie x

9. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

arrh...cute

10. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Aww, that's so sweet. He is gorgeous, a selkirk right? I really really want a selkirk or a devon at some point (when I move somewhere bigger). :D

11. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Makes you feel very special when they choose to sit on and sleep, mine normally climb on just as I need to go do something or have a wee :D

12. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Haha, Kazuki normally tries to lie on as much of me as he can possibly cover, or if I'm in bed, will try and drape himself over my neck like a scarf or sometimes, if I'm not cuddling him enough, tries to lie on my face. :rolleyes:

13. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

my girl gizzy waited 18months before she sat on my lap. before she didnt even like being stroked and did the duck and run thing!
    then something just clicked, she did it once and then just carried on.
    now a few times a day she will jump on my lap for cuddles, purrs and strokes

14. MissyMV6

Yes he is a Curly Selkirk very laid back nature very like the Bsh;) Louie did have 2 companions a Devon and a Cornish but I sadly lost them both to fip:( I would love another Devon in the future:)

Angie x

15. MissyMV6

Aw that is just adorable

Angie x

16. MissyMV6

There is hope for Bobs then :D

Angie x

17. Catlover2

Catlover2 PetForums Member

Isn't it funny that something like that can make you feel sooo good! I'm experiencing the same thing with our adopted ex-stray, Thomas. We've had him a year now and he's just started to act like a pet! :D It's lovely and feels so rewarding.

~x~

18. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

This is one of the reasons I love this forum - it might seem so insignificant to other people but we all understand how fantastic it is :D

Em
    xx

19. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

hi everybody just heard a real real sad storie,go to dog chat and find fudge storie its so so cruel...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice