Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A 'typical' Chihuahua?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Apr 27, 2011.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Was just off to walk my lot down the fields when I came upon a guy with a Chihuahua. Great, I thought!! Its always nice to meet someone who also has your breed right??:confused:
    Ermmm, wrong.:( He was carrying it under his arm and judging by the fact it didnt have a collar or lead Im assuming that its paws didnt get to touch the ground on its outing. Probably a good thing too, it was so fat Im not sure it would be able to walk that far!:rolleyes: As soon as it saw us it started growling and snarling and barking, Im really not sure if it was the dogs or me it took exception to. The guy just laughed and told it to shush!

What a fantastic example!!:mad: I mean mine are no angels, they arent keen on other dogs and probably jump up at people far too much but no where near the bad example this one set. :(

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Whats the point of having a dog if you dont allow it to be just that, a dog :mad::mad: Really makes me mad. hey but its all ok because it's cute when it's a little dog :mad::mad:

I share your frustration hehe

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I think with any breed you dread meeting one that sets a bad example and conforms to some totally wrong, stereotypical idea that lots of people have about them.

I am another person that wishes all small dogs were treated as dogs, sure they would have much more interesting lives that way!!

4. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

I know a lady who has about 5 chi's. She never walks them! They are also just left to bark away in the garden quite hysterically at times!

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

As a stereotype its right up there with a snarling Staff on the end of a studded harness and lead isnt it??:rolleyes:
    If you want a pet to carry around and not bother walking then get a cat for goodness sake!I love Chi's but this one with its fat, snarling face was just ugly and it was the owner who made it like that..:(

Although after Adam decided he was going to either roll in or eat all the poop he found in the fields Im not sure wether carrying him might of been a good idea!!LOL:D

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

whats the point in taking the dog for a walk , but not letting it walk :confused:

I hate lazy owners who cant be bothered to train a dog and treat it as the animal it is and wants to be

By the way , I sympathise about your poop roller , I have one of those too , lol

7. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

hmmm blimming people

At companion show last week
    Woman comes up to me 'is your crested nasty?'
    this as he patiently stands there while she scratchs his head and her dogs jump all over him 'well is he nasty?, cos my daughter ad one and 'e was orrible' :rolleyes::

No, I think you can quite clearly see that he has a delightful temperment and dont you think you should have asked that before stroking him if you presumed he was going to be horrible!!
    I dunno,

It is especially horrible to see a badly brought up example of your own breed though I know :)

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

*trembles with rage*

Aye, think I've said my opinion a few times on this. So many small dog owners just think they're toys and not actual dogs. Drives me mad :mad:

xxxx

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I think given half a chance that chi would of loved to have a run around, giving it excersise it obviously needed and also help with the nails too. I have chis but dont carry mine around all day long, they were born with 4 legs and NO handles.

10. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

I had the opposite problem at training class with my chi. The rest of the class were all big dogs malamutes huskies GSD and labs everyone thought i was horrid when i told Torrin off for barking at them.One women was horrified when Tor tried to bite her husky's nose and i told him off.She said that he was only small and he couldnt do much harm.I tried to explain that if he did it to the wrong dog and it bit him it could kill him not meaning to and i dont want a horrid yappy little dog.He is now ok with 99% of dogs and is a pleasure to take to the park.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice