Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A stray cat gave birth in my house,what do i do?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bruhmomentmp4, Nov 14, 2019.

1. bruhmomentmp4

bruhmomentmp4 PetForums Newbie

There's this stray that come here frequently for either food or rubs,sometimes both. I've been feeding her since she started coming here around a month/2months ago when she came in front of my house looking for a place to rest and it seemed like she was looking for food so i fed her. My mum doesn't like this cat because she likes sneaking into our house so sometimes she's a little rough with this cat because she keeps getting in the house,because of it the cat sometimes doesn't come back for days/weeks and then suddenly appear again. I've always known that she was pregnant just by glancing at her belly,that's why i've been feeding and helping her.

Now onto the problem,we have this room that is in our house but outside of our mainhouse the door is broken and we still haven't got it repaired because we've been sick,mum has sjorgen's syndrome and hepatic steatosis and i'm still getting better from my chronic infection,we also have my grandmother to take care of,she's mentally unstable and she's crippled,she had a manic episode a 2 months ago and injured herself,she's been unable to sit or get up since because her leg and waist is injured and hasn't healed.

I'm still in school and i haven't got a job, mum is already really busy with her job and we honestly don't have the time for this stray cat,but we both do feel bad for her even though mum dislike her. The problem is the room is up for rent and it just needs to be repaired and i'm so boggled as to how i'm supposed to tell her that the cat gave birth in that room,on the bed...

If i just put the kittens and mum out in the streets in like a box or something can they even survive? There is like 4 kittens... If i just let them stay there will they eventually leave like when the kittens are a few months old are they going to leave or are they going to make that room their home...?

What the heck do i do....

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Are you in the UK? If so, I would suggest you contact your local Cats Protection, they will come and remove the Mum and kittens. If not in the UK, find a local rescue near you who can take them.

3. Orla

Orla PetForums VIP

Do not put them out on the streets. This is how there ends up being so many strays out there in the first place. You need to speak with local animal shelters/rescues and explain you cannot keep them with you. Which country are you in? If U.K. there should definitely be some animal rescue places who could offer help.

TriTri, lorilu, Treaclesmum and 2 others like this.
  4. Orla

Orla PetForums VIP

And for now, provide food and water for mum so she and the kittens at least stand a chance :-(

TriTri, Treaclesmum and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. bruhmomentmp4

bruhmomentmp4 PetForums Newbie

I don't live in the UK... i was just looking for cat forums and found this website in the google search results. I live in jakarta,indonesia and strays here are usually ignored and people don't really interact with strays,i don't even know of any animal rescue in this city,there are few in indonesia,i don't know of any in Jakarta :(

6. Orla

Orla PetForums VIP

https://www.jakartaanimalaid.com/adopt/

could you contact these people? They may be able to offer some advice. I’m afraid I don’t know enough about things out there to really help. In the meantime, just give mum cat food and water as the poor thing is probably exhausted after the birth

TriTri, ExD, Treaclesmum and 3 others like this.
  7. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

8. ExD

ExD PetForums Senior

Oh dear, you do have a problem.
    Your Mum is going to find out about the cat and kittens at some point - when you say the kittens were born on the bed, what sort of mess did they make? Has the cat tried to clean it up and make a nest for her kittens?
    How on earth are you managing to feed this mother cat? What are you feeding her on now - scraps from your meals? - do you have any money of your own for food? And, quite importantly - what age are you?
    Try the links Orla and Susie have given you and pluck up courage to tell your Mum what's happened. The kittens won't go away when they're a few months old, but even worse, by the time they are 9 months old they will start producing even more kittens and you really will have a problem.
    You need money to get them neutered if they are going to stay - even in a kennel or hutch in your garden. You can't do this on your own. Get help.

Lurcherlad and Linda Weasel like this.
  9. ExD

ExD PetForums Senior

Its a while since we heard from you - are you real?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice