Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

A Special New Member Welcome!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by 1CatOverTheLine, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Jcatbird

Jcatbird PetForums Member

Hello @raysmyheart snd Speedy. That flowering bush is covered! The flowers are s beautiful color. Soon!

@weebeasties I know what you mean about that giant Moon! It almost seems a little like it’s too close for comfort. It is an unusual but gorgeous sight.
    I love your bird friends! If you feed the seagulls here you can get swarmed. I have learned to throw the bread down and move away! I once worked next to a large pond and always spent lunch time there feeding the fish. It was funny because they learned to follow me all along the edge of the water. I just called them and they would show up. The owner of the pond thought it was hilarious that I had trained her fish. I made her promise, NO more fishing there. After seeing that the fish were now pets, she agreed.

2. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

23F37667-18C9-406B-8DA9-7F25ABD44F5F.jpeg 0AA41287-B751-4776-81C5-06C0D6A579A8.jpeg

Hmmm too much cloud for the super moon to be seen well here, we’ve had some stormy seas the past couple of days so the promenade is covered with pebbles again. Sky was nice though :)

3. weebeasties

weebeasties PetForums Member

4. Shane Kent

Shane Kent Crazy Cat Gentleman

Beach photos :) Thank you very much.

5. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

You're welcome :) We live 90 seconds from our door to the Promenade and love it. Husband walks his windsurfing kit down and away he goes onto the water. It's the perfect place for us.

6. Shane Kent

@Mrs Funkin - Karen and I live an hour away from her parent's cottage. I miss it very much right now. Driving in this time of year is out of the question there is a beaver pond and a hill on the way in. I would hate to think how much it would cost me to clean the beaver pond if a car ended up in it. They would make me pay for it and it would be proper environmental people all over me. I would be all over me as well, I love that beaver pond. I shot this last summer, I don't think I posted it here yet but regardless it is cute none the less.

#1366 Shane Kent, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  7. weebeasties

weebeasties PetForums Member

@Shane Kent
    Thank you so much for posting this! After a hectic day this was a welcome bit of tranquility. Do you see beavers there often? I've never seen one in real life, but watched many documentaries. They are fascinating!

8. Shane Kent

Beavers are nocturnal and my clock is 5:00 AM until as long as I can keep my eyes open:) I have seen them on the bay in the early morning but not that I would ever get a decent video of:( Same with the mink there. The little mink are so cute but they move around like crazy, or probably more so when they are around people.

#1368 Shane Kent, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  9. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine PetForums Senior

@Shane Kent - I've enjoyed this clip since the first time I saw it; Nature sometimes gives us the gift of real magic, if we take just a moment to open it and savour it.

Magic here tonight - a sunset ablaze in the colours of high Summer, but captured in February, and reflected across the freshly fallen snow.

sunsetfeb19.jpg

Foxxycat, dustydiamond1, Lari and 9 others like this.
  10. Shane Kent

11. raysmyheart

raysmyheart PetForums Member

That is an amazing photo @1CatOverTheLine ! Beautiful!

12. Jcatbird

@Mrs Funkin Braitiful photos! It must be wonderful living there. I can imagine the wonder sea breeze.

@Shane Kent The video was so relaxing and peaceful. I’d like to just sit right there and watch. Catching the deer drinking was quite a feat!

@1CatOverTheLine Thst is magic. Illuminated nature! It would make a great card but I’d bank that one because it’s pure gold! :)

13. Shane Kent

@Jcatbird - The deer came down into the pond after I was sitting there. I was hoping to catch the rare beaver daytime visit. They do happen to go out on occasion during the day. The deer there are not the least bit afraid of people, you cannot hunt around there it is all private property:)

My in-laws and people next to us will not allow hunting in there.

14. raysmyheart

@weebeasties, I am envious of the weather you are having now! The birds in the photos are really so pretty, I have never spotted birds like these, they look very graceful and very sweet and friendly, also. Wishing you a lot of enjoyment with your garden.

@Mrs Funkin, the beach photos are just amazing! I love the navy and pink tones of the pictures, they are beautiful

@Shane Kent what a beautiful video I have seen that you posted - the deer peacefully drinking at the beaver pond. I could sit all day and listen and watch Nature. This really made me feel peaceful and made my day!

A good Tuesday evening wished to all!

Foxxycat, dustydiamond1, Lari and 7 others like this.
  15. tinydestroyer

tinydestroyer PetForums Member

What beautiful shots of Nature, everyone! Here's my view from work just one short year ago.
    Yes, it's a beach photo!
    IMG_6481.JPG
    Hope everyone's having a lovely week.

16. Shane Kent

Beach photo. I hope you have the loveliest week of all:)

17. raysmyheart

Oh, that's a beautiful scene you captured @tinydestroyer. :) It reminds me a bit of the Rhode Island coast. It is an amazing photo.

dustydiamond1, Lari, Trixie1 and 6 others like this.
  18. tinydestroyer

tinydestroyer PetForums Member

Thanks! It's the Pacific coastline in Santa Cruz, California. Though I don't much miss living there, I do have a newfound appreciation of the beach and the verdant greenery of that area.
    I've never been to Rhode Island, but I hear it's gorgeous. I love the beach as seen by @Mrs Funkin too!

Just like @Shane Kent I think it's nice to see some lovely floral and beach pictures in this cold weather. Then again, with the sunsets, animals, and birds like those captured by Shane and @1CatOverTheLine, the Winter looks quite pretty in her own right. Each season in it's own time, I suppose. Although the picture I posted was taken in February of last year! So, each season in its own time, and place.;)

dustydiamond1, Foxxycat, Lari and 7 others like this.
  19. MaggieDemi

MaggieDemi PetForums Senior

My dad always jokes that we have only two seasons in NY, Winter and July/August.

Now I really want to see the super moon! That sounds exciting.

Wonderful story about the birds recognizing you. That's really special, I'll have to try it with the birds here sometime.

I love the story about the fish too. I never heard of fish recognizing people. I wish I had been there with you to see that.

I always wondered what animals we could tame if they felt no fear from us. It would be interesting to see.

dustydiamond1, Foxxycat, Lari and 8 others like this.
  20. Jcatbird

The Warrior cat enjoyed all the posts tonight. He especially enjoyed the photographs. Sunsets, sea and deer! What more could a kitty desire? I think the deer got him excited!! He probably worried about it getting wet! ;) D6F119A6-0CC7-4340-9D31-C18E7FF7F697.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice