Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

A Special New Member Welcome!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by 1CatOverTheLine, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Shane Kent

Shane Kent Crazy Cat Gentleman

Hooray. Vet called and everything went well. Pick Molly up at 5:30 :) They said they could tell by her tissue that she was starting to go into heat. I am not surprised, what girl wouldn't with these two handsome boys in the house.

[​IMG]

Not that they could do much for her.

2. Foxxycat

Foxxycat PetForums Junior

Thanks for the kind words @MaggieDemi. I haven't seen the coworker this week so far. If it happens it won't be until next year. Ive got too much we need to do. I also want to take a trip in the spring and can't do that if we have too many pets. Honeybee can stay with a family member because she's easy. She doesn't hide. I've wanted to take a short 5 day trip to say Florida or Texas to meet up with a friend of mine. One who has been a close friend for 5 years. Things will be interesting next year.

@Shane Kent your kitties are absolutely adorable!

@Jcatbird thank you for the kind words. It really means alot to me. Xoxoxox

@1CatOverTheLine lovely photo of the snow! It was 17°F here this morning at 6am on way to work. Too cold! My neighbor on other side of park had the turkeys out in her yard the other day!

Off to the foot doc to get my insoles. Let's hope this fixes the foot pain that's been plague me for a long time.

3. MaggieDemi

MaggieDemi PetForums Member

@Shane Kent --Ha! That was hilarious! They are handsome boys though. :D Glad everything went okay for Molly at the vet.

@weebeasties --Oh David Niven is alright I guess, but with Cary Grant around, I'm only looking at him. He's definitely my favorite, but the only problem is, I've seen all his movies, so no more new ones to watch. :(

@raysmyheart --Hey, speaking of Bishop's Wife, have you seen that one? That would be a good choice for your next classic movie. :)

@1CatOverTheLine --I agree, lovely tree/snow scene pic and semi-poem (pretty words.) :cool:

@Foxxycat --Okay, but don't forget about our road trip this summer, if you can fit 2 road trips into your schedule. ;)
    That's great that you're finally getting your insoles!

4. Shane Kent

Molly is home from the vet. I opened the carrier and she jumped into one of the carpet covered tubes. I petted her a bit and she seems to know that she is home. The vet said they took photos of her and wanted me to sign a waiver. I gladly did it.

They absolutely loved her. She is an incredibly grateful cat and loves to show it. I would take photos but I have the lighting down in the room right now. I will let her get settled and get some nice photos of her later.

#464 Shane Kent, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. Jcatbird

Jcatbird PetForums Junior

@Shane Kent more than one type of “cat tree” , both end up hung with fur! Love the name Zmllly. I M glad she finally whispered it to Karen!

@MaggieDemi Here is a brief update! BJ is home and happh! My warrior is feeling very secure now that he is in the living room. Petting is now totally acceptable. The warrior cat is still on duty but having a bit of a res

I BD160B30-8066-41AB-B8FF-0B9D9D4C8DDC.jpeg
    E5F36163-A4F2-4ABB-A31B-4CE805B37457.jpeg C32DA25A-F4EC-46A9-9152-9EED84A6FAB5.jpeg

6. Shane Kent

If Molly could speak I am fairly certain she would tell me that petting is highly encouraged.

The vet wants to use photos of Molly to promote black cat awareness and adoption. I gave them permission to use my name. After Molly gets settled in with the other cats I will get Karen to take a nice photo of her with Taz to give to the vet. My big fluffy ginger boy and sleek little black girl should make for a cute photo.

Missing a bit of fur but she doesn't need it as much as she did a couple of weeks ago:)

Molly1.JPG

Molly2.JPG

7. weebeasties

weebeasties PetForums Junior

@Jcatbird , and @Shane Kent
    It is so heartwarming to hear about kitties finding loving, comfy, homes. That it is taking place around the holidays makes it extra special.:)

@raysmyheart
    I second @MaggieDemi that you should check out The Bishop's Wife if you haven't seen it. It's very good and should put you in the holiday spirit!

We put up our tree yesterday and got about half the ornaments on. Buddy was surprisingly uninterested. He is normally curious about anything new and has a mischievous streak. I suspect he is waiting for it to be completely decorated before he takes a flying leap and pulls it down.:p

8. raysmyheart

raysmyheart PetForums Member

Good Afternoon and Good morning to all here!

I am wondering what the temperature is today where you are. Here, where I am in central Massachusetts, Northeast US today will be about 3°C /37°F. but the sky right now is clear and blue, I am hoping to go out and get some photos today!

@Shane Kent, Speedy and I send hugs and warm wishes to sweet Molly!:) She is a very pretty cat with so much sweetness in her expression! I am glad to see her doing so well today and very glad to see her photos, thank you!

So glad to see BJ and that he is doing well!

@1CatOverTheLine , The White Oak in your photo here is a most majestic and awesome and amazing tree!

I am enjoying so much these last six days -The Cat Chat Advent Calendar (I should post the link but I am not too good at posting links, I need to practice more:confused:). It seems I can't wait to get home from work these days to see all the delightful, sweet, funny and beautiful photos of the Advent Cats!

Speedy and I wish everyone here a most wonderful day!:Cat

#468 raysmyheart, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  9. weebeasties

Here in my part of Florida it is 58°F and we are still shivering a bit. We are wimps when it comes to cold weather! I grew up in Ohio and miss seeing the snow fall, but I don't miss the freezing temperatures.

10. weebeasties

Molly will be an absolutely beautiful spokesmodel for black cats!
    I have never understood why anyone would bypass a cat because of it's coloring. I was hoping this stupid stigma was something only seen in the States, but I take it from your post that is not the case.
    I'm sure your gorgeous Molly will help in making this prejudice a thing of the past!

11. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums Senior

Molly is stunning:) I love black cats, I really don't understand why people are put off having black cats, it's a complete mystery to me!! Beautiful green eyes against their black fur are simply gorgeous, could it be down to superstition!? Really doesn't matter to me what colour the cat is, they're all gorgeous to me:)

12. raysmyheart

@weebeasties , oh, your weather sounds very wonderful! I am, of course, a lover of warm and hot weather but I think I may have to wait a few months for that weather to return here in the Northeast.;) Maybe something like 4-5 months, lol.

I would like to try insoles in my shoes, I think they would help my knee problems, comfortable feet are so important. @Foxxycat , I have never had the insoles, I hope that yours are very helpful for you.

@MaggieDemi, @dustydiamond1 @weebeasties thanks for the wonderful recommendations for the old Christmas films, I do love the old movies, I look forward to seeing The Bishop's Wife and Holiday Inn and @MaggieDemi now that I have seen Christmas In Connecticut, as you suggested, it was an awesome movie and I do recommend it highly!:)

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and afternoon!
    A photo to share, when the weather was warmer, this past Spring -
    20180606_170420-1-2.jpg

Eilidh, Puddy2shoes, Jcatbird and 7 others like this.
  13. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine PetForums Member

@weebeasties - This will make it feel warmer:

ice-storm.jpg

End of the property, taken from the island, 15 February, 2015. There was a brief thaw the previous day, and the Polar Vortex swept -20ºF temperatures down overnight, resulting in the whole near world being flash frozen. When this was taken, there was a stiff North wind blowing; I can still feel it.

;)

14. raysmyheart

@Trixie1 I couldn't agree more!

@1CatOverTheLine amazing photo! I can feel the cold, too!

15. Shane Kent

@weebeasties and @Trixie1 - I agree, it is a very stupid stigma. Molly is a beautiful cat that seems to be very appreciative of the help she is getting. Has not hissed at me or my cats. Nothing evil about her and no such thing as a bad luck cat. I think the person that had her before me is somewhat evil. No spay, no chip and likely no shots is neglect. If someone dumped her at my work they are not somewhat evil they are completely evil.

16. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums Senior

@Shane Kent I really have no words to describe the person that would do such a thing other then heartless and yes, downright evil!! I am just greatfull that there are people like you around, who do care:) little Molly is safe, happy and healthy and about to begin a whole new adventure with you and your family:)

17. Orange&White

Orange&White PetForums Newbie

I love the name Molly, and purrsonality is so much more important than color. I know you would have loved her even if she weren't such and affectionate cat, but being so friendly and loving only multiplies your rewards for saving her life and giving her a good home. Congrats to you and to Molly...and the rest of your two- and four-legged companions!

18. Jcatbird

Jcatbird PetForums Junior

Oh my! Molly as a spokes model for Black cats! @Shane Kent That is marvelous! I have three black cats and they are sweethearts. Nothing but goodluck there. My eldest cat is black. Dolly is about 13 now and loves the musical, “Hello Dolly.” My fourth eldest is Black too. Purry Como aka Purry Man. He is about 9 or 10 and purrs constantly. Then there is Bonjure. He is an all black fluff ball giant who thinks he is a human baby. He still assumes he is just a little guy but when he holds his front feet up to be picked up and rocked like an infant. If you don’t pick him up he leaps into your arms. He has nearly knocked me backwards a few times. He likes to put his front paws around my neck and will hold on if I try to put him down. He has some Maine Coon lineage and it shows in his size, feet and fur. What could be better luck than rescues like these? @Trixie1 I agree! People who would neglect a kitty are evil and it is hard to imagine! I have encountered far too many people like that here and I am grateful to people like Shane for rescuing!
    @raysmyheart I love seeing the Mother and all her babies! What a lovely moment to [email protected] Your icy view is pristine! Nature at her finest. It is cold here tonight but nothing like the winds I imagine that were blowing there. I’ve known a few ice storms myself and I can still remember the first one I experienced. Having moved from a warm southern island to a winter of ice, it seemed magical to me. There was a silence except for the cracking of ice and an occasional tree branch breaking. There was also the sound of my feet crunching into the ice on the ground as I explored the world as I had never seen it before. Everything was encased in a layer of ice that sparkled when the sun hit it. Like you, I can still feel the wind as it blasted my face that day. The air seemed fresh and pierced through all the layers of clothes I wore. I loved it then but I was very young!

19. Shane Kent

Good morning / day / evening everyone.

Thanks for the kind words @MaggieDemi , @raysmyheart , @Trixie1 , @Orange&White and @Jcatbird as well as others I have missed.

Molly's poop is far less stinky and looks more normal the past few days. That is a good thing. I have to call the vet later in the day to touch base they called me at work yesterday to see how Molly is. She seems well, eating and moving about fine. This morning I was sitting on the floor and she climbed on me for some loving:)

Molly3.JPG

Molly4.JPG

Molly5.JPG

#479 Shane Kent, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:57 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM
  20. raysmyheart

Molly looks so affectionate @Shane Kent ! She is happy to be where it is warm and safe and lots of cuddles :Cat I am very happy to see she is doing so well and feeling so comfortable in her surroundings!

Today here in central Massachusetts is another clear day with a bright blue sky, but very cold!:Cold

This morning at the bird feeder, Red Cardinal, Bluejay, Nuthatch, red finch, tufted titmouse, chickadee and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, have come to visit. I was very glad to also see a little guy here, a Red Squirrel, who I love very much. He doesn't come very often, I think because the grey squirrels are daily visitors here, but I am always happy to see this cute little one.

Wishing all my Friends here, near and far a wonderful day!:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice