Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A sad start to the morning

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Izzysmummy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Izzysmummy

Izzysmummy PetForums VIP

Apologies for this not being dog related but I don't really post anywhere else.

This morning Tarnus set off to take Izzy to daycare, he'd only been gone 2 minutes when he arrives home again....he'd spotted a dead cat laid under a tree at the side of the road just on the other side of the street. It looks like the poor thing had been hit by a car and crawled to the side of the road where it fell into a forever sleep.

People were walking past on their way to work so we moved the poor thing into our front garden where it was hidden from sight, it had a collar but no tag so I told Tarnus I'd look online and ring someone to come and collect it and scan it to see if it had a chip but he thought he might recognise it as a similar cat would sit at the end of a drive down a side street nearby so he went and knocked there and they came round and it was their cat and they've now taken it home. The guy came across as a pretty tough guy but you could tell he was gutted.

I've shed a few tears for this poor kitty and the family whose pet has gone to the bridge.

Run free little one!

diefenbaker and Dogless like this.
  2. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

:( how lovely of you to look after it and find the owner. That's one of the things about cats. I bet many disappear and the owners just never know.

3. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

What a lovely thing for you to do. It must have been pretty upsetting.

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

How lovely of you to make such an effort.

5. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Ahh how horrible but well done for making the effort and moving the poor thing so the owners had a chance to get their beloved pet back.

:crying:

6. lipsthefish

lipsthefish PetForums VIP

:crying: Thank you for looking after the cat though and finding it's owners. My best friends 13 year old cat went missing 10 days ago, she never wanders, she slipped out of the door when it hadn't latched on :( It's like she's disappeared into thin air, we've searched for hours and can't find her :(

7. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

What a thoughtful thing to do for the poor cat

8. kateh8888

kateh8888 PetForums VIP

Such a sad story but it is nice to know there are people like you in the world.

Run free little one x

9. Cheryl89

This happened to me last Monday, I had to help my neighbours cat after finding a car had hit it and driven off, devastating so I know how you feel and you did a great thing hun xxx

10. chissy 15

chissy 15 PetForums VIP

A very kind, considerate thing to do :)

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww :( sad for all involved, especially the owners! Very good of you both to help out and locate the owner.

This is one of the things that puts me off from having a cat, I couldn't relax if the cat was out somewhere knowing some of the horrific things that happen to them :(

RIP little cat x

12. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Very sad, but at least the owners won't be left forever wondering. Now they'll have closure.

13. ackerleynelson

ackerleynelson PetForums Junior

How good you are to to make such a nice effort.

14. Izzysmummy

Izzysmummy PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone, TBH it didnt even occur to us not to do something, we both like cats and if it wasnt for us both being very allergic we would probably have a cat ourselves. Some of our friends have cats and I know how devastated they would be if one just didnt come home one day and although its very sad for this cats family Im glad they know what happened to it and got chance to say their goodbyes and get closure :(.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice