UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
A lovely story and tribute.

Some of the comments are sad, it's a shame some people don't realise what impact animals can have on people who are in the middle of conflict and fighting. Ok, the cat may have not been aware of dangers but who cares, he offered comfort and companionship to those at a terrible time.

I raise a glass to all the other animals who were caught up in the middle of conflict and who are at the sides of soldiers currently fighting in Afghanistan today. I wish some people wouldn't underestimate the power of companionship an animal can offer.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Brilliant. What a story. :D

We once had a jack russell stay at our camp in Belfast whilst we did our tour of duty there. Nobody new anything about where he came from, but we think he probably lived localay and sneaked in sometime previous and decided the food and attention was better there for him.

He was always hankering around the base front gates and often followed us out on patrols and back in again. Sadly we were informed a few monts after we left that he got squished under an Army landrover and didnt make it. :( Jack was his name.

·
Banned
100 Posts
A lovely story and tribute.

Some of the comments are sad, it's a shame some people don't realise what impact animals can have on people who are in the middle of conflict and fighting. Ok, the cat may have not been aware of dangers but who cares, he offered comfort and companionship to those at a terrible time.

I raise a glass to all the other animals who were caught up in the middle of conflict and who are at the sides of soldiers currently fighting in Afghanistan today. I wish some people wouldn't underestimate the power of companionship an animal can offer.
I've learned a long time ago not to read comments at the bottom of stories. They just kill the good mood the story has just given you.

Amazing story.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Thank you for that - a great story!!! I must admit one of my favourite charities is Nowzad because it helps afghan animals get a better life in UK/USA with the soldiers that befriend them. Have seen some heartbreaking stories [both human and animal on their website/FB]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.