Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A rabbity issue.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Micky93, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Micky93

Micky93 PetForums VIP

Hello everyone, this is a rare visit for me, as I don't actually have any rabbits! :p

Anyway, the reason for this post is to ask for advice. I've been 'rabbit sitting' for my neighbour for the past week, however there are a few things I'm a little worried about.

Firstly, how am I going to cope without my fluffy bunny cuddles every morning and evening :scared: :( I've literally fallen head over heels with one of the buns, who hops over to me when I open the hutch and spends the whole time giving me cuddles. I had her over mine for 5 minutes whilst my neighbour sorted the other one out before she went, and she fell asleep on her back across my lap on the sofa :001_wub:

On a serious note though.....
    I am a little worried about them. It's not my neighbours fault by any means, but there are a few things that I'm worried about. Firstly there is a massive hole on one of the sides of the hutch where one of the buns has eaten their way through. It's currently covered with sheet plastic and a piece of wood propped up against it, but I'm worried about it with the nights getting colder or them getting out if they managed to move the blockage. Secondly, where they are situated means they can't have a permanent run, and therefore don't get access to the outside for a full period every day. Lastly, the neighbour in question doesn't seem to see how tame and personable these buns are (more so the one I spoke about before). They believe they are un-tame, and described them as almost 'feral' like a couple months back, with the example being that when they are taken out of the hutch they growl. Not once have they growled or shown and negative behaviour in any way whilst I've been looking after them, and I'm very much going to miss them after next week when I'm no longer needed.

My neighbour is lovely, and does their best with them, but things are tough at the minute and I believe this is having an effect. I just have fallen for these silly bunnies, *sigh* :eek:

2. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Perhaps you will to try and very unsubtle "i've really fallen for your buns. If ever you find their feral behaviour gets too much, I'll happily take them for you." Might work. Lots of people get bored with pets and pass them on.

Or look out for a hutch/run combo on freecycle (ask even), or Preloved. Then offer it to them.

Rabbits should actually have a 6ft hutch attached to a large run with 24/7 access, but anything bigger than what they have, that is safe and secure, would be better.

Whereabouts are you? Perhaps someone on here has something going spare that you could offer them?

3. Micky93

Micky93 PetForums VIP

I have mentioned that if they get too much I'll have them. I also mentioned about sorting out some form of hutch/run combo so that they can get outside when they want to, but unfortunately the home owner of where they are will not let them permanently be on the grass :(

Just going to really miss them and their little snuggle bums :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice