UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a cleaner in, coz I've got a couple of house viewings and my vac's broke. It's one I've used before, so she knows what to expect. Dog hair all over the place :D
She told me how expensive the bags for her vac were, and how she filled a whole one last time.She also was going on about how replacing her bags would cost the business. In fact she said everything except will you pay for the bags.

My question is, who should pay for the bags, the cleaner or the client?

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
I wouldnt like to pay for the cleaners supplies. IMO she should charge a fee which allows her to replenish her stock.

if i were you i would tell her to stick it and invest in a new hoover :lol:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
If I were her, I think I'd get a different vacuum! :eek:

If I was paying someone for a service, then I'd expect them to provide their own stuff or for them to have worked out their price to cover the cost of stuff.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
I do it for a living and you charge the person a rate for the job and you (cleaner)supply the cleaning equipment.:001_smile:

·
We are all Ukraine
23,818 Posts
I think there should be one price all inclusive...but before have a chat and ask her what she is expected to use/..as often people do not carry vac...but then a friend of mine always has his stuff with him in one neat trolley...:)

and scrip sends licks for jet..

·
Super Moderator
12,000 Posts
Mam's a cleaner and she charges an hourly rate set to cover the cost of supplies as well as a tiny bit for her time - cheaper rate if she'll be using the client's own cleaning materials but this is discussed at length before any cleaning is carried out.

If this woman is charging an hourly rate like my mam, she shouldn't really be asking you for supplies on top (unless of course her hourly rate is extremely low and/or by a prior arrangement between you and her).

·
Banned
3,086 Posts
Not that I'd ever have a cleaner as I lurrrvvveeee housework ('lil bit of OCD going on in the cleanliness dept, but never mind) but if the cleaner was bringing her own vaccum I'd expect her to provide the bags which would be factored into her hourly rate. However, if she was using my vaccum, I'd expect to replenish the bag stock.

Purely hypothetical of course as a cleaner (or anyone else) would never meet my standards :p

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that turned out to be a hypothetical question, coz she didn't turn up. No phone call, text, nothing, just a no show. Left me right in the sh1t, with only a ewbank to clean up black dog hair off a cream carpet. Hope the potential buyers didn't notice!
Maybe she was annoyed coz I didn't offer to pay for the bags :D

·
Banned
3,086 Posts
Well that turned out to be a hypothetical question, coz she didn't turn up. No phone call, text, nothing, just a no show. Left me right in the sh1t, with only a ewbank to clean up black dog hair off a cream carpet. Hope the potential buyers didn't notice!
Maybe she was annoyed coz I didn't offer to pay for the bags :D
:nono: That's naughty of her.

And I hate to tell you, but I'd notice the hairs :eek: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.