Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A question about home checks

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by tsgray70, Jun 3, 2010.

1. tsgray70

tsgray70 PetForums Member

Hi all

We have a 1 year old Border collie and 2 cats and are considering getting another dog, but not quite yet.

I would love to rescue a dog but I am concerned that we would have trouble with the home check. As we live in a terraced house we only have a small yard which is secure and has 5-6ft walls. Its probably 25 ft long and 8ft wide. Would having such a small yard be seen as a problem?

We live very close to a large nature reserve / country park, which is where Amy goes 2-3 times a day. We also have 2 cats but they seem to do their own thing :)

2. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:thumbup: No problem at all!! I have 6 rescue dogs and my back garden is tiny!! As long as it's secure which with those walls are ideal I can't see you having any problem at all. To be honest when homechecking I don't care about the garden size because I'd expect the dog to be getting out on walks once or twice a day so the garden is purely for relaxing and doing their business in and not exercising. Sounds like you'll be a great home for a lucky dog.

3. rachel001

rachel001 PetForums Member

I was just about to ask this question as well! Thats really nice to know as I'm looking at getting my first rescue dog and we only have a small but secure garden too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice