Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A paws cleaner

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by KatarinaG, Mar 11, 2020.

1. KatarinaG

KatarinaG PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone!
    My name’s Kate and I am a happy owner of a Hasky boy.
    I am always concerned about my dogs paws cleanness, because he’s allowed in bed and I want to make sure his paws are clean enough. But I cannot make them clean enough manually and it takes so much time besides. So what do you personally think about it? How often do you clean your dogs’ paws and is it challenging for you?

#1 KatarinaG, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

3. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Uh... it has never occurred to me to clean my dog's paws... If they're particularly muddy I make them run around in the field with the taller grass to wash it off some, that's about it.
    I just wipe floors a lot.

But then I walk around barefoot half the time and get in the bed with my bare feet....

Magyarmum likes this.
  4. Billbailey

Billbailey Banned

I just use a towel on his paws and belly as well. He's not keen because he doesn't like anyone touching his paws but he knows he has to be done. I think there's no chance in hell he'd put his paws in some kind of gadget.

Besides which, it's the time of year when mud is part of a dog owner's life. Dog = mud. And a few muddy prints on the top of your duvet won't kill you.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Erm I just put a blanket on the bed, my garden is currently like a swamp with all the rain and life is too short to keep washing their feet *lazy cowbag* so I just wash the blanket every few days :oops:

Although if really bad then I just run a few inches of water in the bath, dunk, swoosh and dry.

6. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

If Cad's feet are muddy and/or squelchy (especially after walks in certain areas given alabama rot risks and knowledge so far) I just pop him in the shower and use the detachable head to rinse his feet. But day to day I don't even think about it! Like @O2.0 I walk around in bare feet myself a lot anyway.

Why are you so concerned? If it's so stressful for you perhaps look into setting him up his own bed area in your room instead?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice