UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Honeys rang me up today to see if I'd received the delivery and how I got on with it. I said Bess loved it, but I was having difficulty getting my head round the cost. I also said I wasn't sure about it being 30% veg. They gave the explanation that in the wild they would be getting roughage in the form of hair and feathers and the veg just gives them that extra fibre. They understood about the cost, and to be honest did not give me a hard sell.

But then we got talking generally. I said I had a freezer full of duck wings and chicken carcasses which Bess will not eat. The helpful chap told me to take the skin off the wings - he said it might be the texture she doesn't like. And he suggested cutting the carcasses into smaller pieces.

So I got my chopping board out and tried to skin (defrosted) duck wings. Have you any idea how difficult that is? Bess was watching all the while rather impatiently. So in the end I got frustrated and gave the wing to her with only a little bit of skin removed. She proceeded to eat that one - and then three others, and then wolfed down the bit of skin I left in her bowl! :eek:

Well at least I don't feel that half the contents of my freezer will be wasted anymore! :D

So, thank you, Honeys!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't know about honeys and I'm so glad she did eat the wings but want a faff trying to take the skin off. In future flash frying is much easier and will still have the desired effect of dog eating whatever it is.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
Sounds like you've got it sorted.
I have to skin turkey wings for Heidi as it upsets her tum. Fine when they're skinned. Yet she's fine with skin on chicken wings. Strange arent they:rolleyes:;):D

I tried some of the NM frozen blocks 65% meat remainder being fruit veg carbs. She loves them and no prob for her tum but output is double what she normally produces on her wet food. Which leaves me to think that she's best suited to more meat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.