UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
Thats really cute!!! i want one!!
I always take my Collie to the nursing home were i work it cheers them up so much :)

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats really cute!!! i want one!! I always take my Collie to the nursing home were i work it cheers them up so much :)
I have left a message for the manager. I so want to know where they got him. He is so life like.

I take my GSP into visit he happily sits in the residents lounge. They enjoy seeing him. I only take him in, he is calmer than the Dallie. I will take the spotty one when we can sit in the garden.

G

·
I used to take my greyhound. Love that there is now a move to have a resident pet or 2. Do you all know about Oscar the cat, in America, who always knows who is going to die, in the last week or so, and sleeps on their bed, until they die. He has known some healthy looking, more active were closer to death than the ones the doctors expect to die. Fascinating.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor Oscar I bet no one wants a cuddle!
Bit like my Mum saying she won't sit on the end of the pew, she doesn't want to draw attention to herself ;)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I thought he was real at first and was thinking of Aspro who was a dog who worked at part of a hospital that I used to work in. Aspro was a rescue person who was a good part golden retriever but smaller and lighter. At least he SHOULD have been lighter managing his diet was a nightmare. All the residents and families wanted to feed him.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Years ago we had a resident cat at the hospice where I worked. He also chose the beds of those about to be the dear departed.The responsibility got to him after a while and he became quite stressed and went to live happily with a staff member.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm pretty sure i've seen that exact same statue in a big garden centre, along with loads of other fantastic statues that looked so real, they were all soooo expensive though! Can't remember what the place was called at all :eek:
I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Baytree garden centre in Lincolnshire and yes I recall them being incredibly expensive. I guess a garden centre thing in general.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.