Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A new friend for Bunk???

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by clg86, May 6, 2010.

1. clg86

clg86 PetForums Member

Hi Guys,

Bunk is a 5 year old rescue and is currently living with myself and my OH in an apartment. We are hopefully moving to a house in June :thumbup: and once Bunk has settled into his new home, would like to get a him a playmate.

My question is, what in your opinion would be a better decision, a kitten or an older rescue?

We have no idea how Bunk will react to having another cat around the house so that made me think a kitten would be better so he can still be number 1 and show the newbie how things go, but then I think of all those poor cats in need of being rescued and think I should adopt one of those, but don't want to put Bunk out of place by getting a cat that is of a similar age and he might not adapt to :confused::

I've had a few rescues and at one point I had 4 cats who knew they lived in the same house, but never really connected or played with each other.

What do you think? :rolleyes:

2. moandben

moandben PetForums Member

I think as long as you are careful with the introductions it shouldnt be too much of a problem..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice