Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

a must see

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, Jul 10, 2009.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

actually einstien shown in this clip was shown (in another tv show on how brainy parrots really are)to not be as brainy as he seems. he has a limited number of responses and could only answer certain questions, for example he can only answer questions he's already been asked he can't answer new questions about things he's never seen before.

there another parrot who's name i forget has been taught like a child rather than by rote like einstein. So knows a certain amount of stuff and can answer any question put to him about stuff he knows about (like any child). This parrot can answer questions about things he's not seen before, i.e.

what's this... it's paper, metal etc
    what colour is it.. orange, blue etc
    he also knows shapes and heaps of other stuff i can't remember..
    and is learning new stuff all the time..
    he's far brainier than einstein, but then this also translates to humans you will always have a brainy child and a not so brainy child.

Still it's pretty cool that they can 'talk' and learn stuff like this at all.

Its abit like finding out that baby birds can 'count' (between 2 groups of their fellows say one group has 5 and one has 10, they know which has the largest number and join it), many animals tell when a speech pattern is wrong and stuff like that. It's not just birds that are brainy :D

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

dont spoil my excitment!! lol

but wow, its amazing lol

4. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

lol sorry, it is pretty cool however you look at it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice