UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it strange how there are moments, little interludes when time seems tp pause and the world holds its breath.??
Up on the dunes this afternoon, the lads had had their mooch about and I was making my way back to my car, not a soul about, the only company we had were a few seabirds and a late hunting sparrow hawk. Climbing to the top of one of the highest dunes, one that gave a good view over the beach and the incoming tide I decided to take a moment to sit and ponder. Flyte came and sat by my side, he tends to lean on me at moments like this, he's a heavy big feller but I quite like the intimacy and sense of being at one with the soft lad. Unusually, little Skye decided to abandon his almost incessant hunt for 'Things' and came to join us.
We sat quietly. I watching the clouds, heavy with rain, take on a rosy hue, the edges tinged with silver as the sun sank behind them, the lads watching I know not what. seemingly lost in their own thoughts. I thought about Skyes' fast approaching debut at Slebech and concluded that I'd done all I could, the rest was up to him now.
As we sat, each of us in our own private world I became aware of a quiet rustling behind us, as of the sound of a breeze through trees, but there are no trees on the dunes, turning to look, we saw a flock of starlings performing an aerial dance in the sky over our heads, hundreds of them were whirling and reeling before us, forming intricate patterns against the evening sky. I've seen this many times, most of us have, but it never ceases to amaze me. After a while they flew off inland to their roosting place but they took with them my gratitude for giving me the chance to once again marvel at the world in which I live.
As I write Skye is keeping my feet warm and Flyte is dreaming, probably of starlings and roseate skys. Obviously, the Lady Rose is at work...................

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Have you written a book yet, because you really should - I felt I was siiting alongside you three when I read that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.