Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A mobile phone query.....contracts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Feb 10, 2012.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I'm confused a bit so someone help me out here.

So today i rang orange up to cancel my 30 day rolling contract. No problem, done they even text me my PAC code.

What i am confused about is when i should transfer my number over to the network i will be on? i know i'm supposed to give 30 days notice to cancel my contract...or at least i think thats what i'm supposed to do from what i was told a year ago.....So what my question is, is should i transfer my number to my new network now or do i wait a bit? Only thing tho is orange told me my PAC code is valid for 30 days.....i'm so confused. Help?

2. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Ring Orange and ask or call into one of their shops and get them to check for you. Thats all I can think to do.

3. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

Your orange contract will end in 30 days from the day you cancel. So you are technically still with orange for 30 more days.During this period you can use Orange services if you so wish.

You can transfer your number anytime within the 30 days, but you will still have to pay Orange your standard bill for the next 30 days regardless if you do not use them.

Hope that makes sense.

ad_1980 likes this.
  4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Ah that's better. I think so

Ok so i won't bother transferring my new number over until maybe a couple of weeks time then. i may as well just use what i can over the next 30 days otherwise i'm just wasting a bit of money innit?

5. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

Yes seeing as you will have to pay Orange a final £15,£20 or etc you may as well get the free texts/minutes provided. Just remember to use the PAC before the 30 days are up :), or do not lose it.

The only downside is if you are transfering to another network contract. Then you could still be getting a bill for things you have not used.

6. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Nah hun im going back to payg.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice