Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Mixed up day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Staysee, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Been an odd day, had another 'dont feel like i belong day'

When i was asking about our colleagues bday card, one member of the bakery said she wasnt worried about not signing it, cos she's got her a card and a gift already....this girls been with us about 9 months....but she's lived in the town virtually all her life, so yeah....

Then as two colleagues were leaving, the younger one wished me happy birthday for saturday, but i said "Thanks but i'll see you saturday anyway" and then the other, who is buying the gift for other workmate who i wont see now for 2weeks cos im on hols next week, didnt even say bye to me.

I could just be thinking too much, but every so often i get those days where i feel the odd one out cos im not local to this town. The other birthday girl is having a house party at hers on saturday, lotsa people got an invite, i havent....i wouldnt go anyway cos thats my bday and we're going out for a family meal, but itd be nice to be invited....like i wasnt invited out for another colleagues bday this weekend just gone but literally everyone else was.

Like my 24th last year, i sent an invite to lotsa people from work, an open invite....most said no and when i saw them in work some would say they couldnt make it out, then the evening came and only 3 friends came out with me and i saw virtually everyone else out and only one person came to say happy birthday, but she was out with her friends cos it was also one of her friends birthdays and she bought me a drink, which she didnt have too.

Decided from now i really shouldnt bother with that lot as friends, just as work colleagues!

On the plus side, last christmas they employed a woman called Jane for the busy period, she was put on wednesday nights and over the weeks we ended up getting on really well, chatting away, having a laugh etc etc but end of dec cos she was temp she was gone.

I then saw her 2/3 weeks ago and she told me work had called asking if she'd come back for easter, she said yes....but that was about 2 weeks previous of that, so she gave up. Tonight i was busying myself weighing bread when someone said "hello" behind my back and i turned round to see Jane, she came over and hugged me and said she was now permanent, not temp and she's back on wednesday nights with me. Im so pleased!

She's in her late 30's early 40's i'd say, a real good laugh. Glad too have her back :)

She also said she got in at half 5 and i was on my break and hoped i was still working and was glad to see me

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Aye I never try make friends at work. I know it sounds weird but friends just complicate the work place. I'm having a miserable time at work now I got my older sis a job there though. She wants to bugger around and have a giggle and I just want to do my job well, go home and get paid.

3. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

I like making friends tho, but im beginning to think people dont like me, which is sad really :(

Just reminds me how much better it will be working with animals!!!

4. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Chin up! The worst thing is going into a place with an established clique. Hope things go better for you when you begin to work with animals :)

5. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

I've been at this work place for 2 years now [2 years in may] same as half the staff there [one store got bought out and changed into another]

And in the bakery now for like 14months. Its sad really, i cant not be nice and happy talky to people....i'll got to work in a strop and i just always put on the smiley face, i cant switch off the friend thing! XD haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice