UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello :D :D :D

I need a marker word or noise for Chester at Dog training, to use instead of the clicker, a while back I used the word 'click' but felt like a right K**b when out walking etc :lol: :lol:

I just can't think of what to use..other than doing a clicky noise with my tongue :rolleyes:

so any suggestions please .......

G

·
I would think it needs to be short and snappy, how about pop or a short kiss sound? Okay I know no help what so ever! :eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I use 'Yes!' said very excitedly......but have had some looks when walking and saying "Yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!" when I am really pleased :eek::eek:.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I use "yay". I had to have something upbeat and cheerful with Rupert coz otherwise he shut down. And it's not really a word I tend to use in every day life so it works for us.

Good, right, yes and bingo are ones I've heard others use. I thought about snapping my fingers but realised I do that to get attention at times so it wouldn't work. Same with making a clicking noise with my tongue.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone..'yes' sounds like a good one, but I think I use it around the house too much... mmmm

and a kiss noise I might start getting odd looks from strangers thinking I am coming on to them :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
yes and good seem to be the 2 most commonly used, I prefer and use yes.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Our behaviourist suggested EX as she says YES comes up too often in normal conversation (especially if you watch exciting TV) but I "click" with my teeth.
Try different click words or noises and see which one gets him to attend the most

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I use Good, but it's completely different to the Good I use in normal conversation or when saying 'good boy'. The dogs know the difference if you say it differently. Normally we complain dogs don't generalise, but this is one example where it is a great help, plus what you're doing should help.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use Good, but it's completely different to the Good I use in normal conversation or when saying 'good boy'. The dogs know the difference if you say it differently. Normally we complain dogs don't generalise, but this is one example where it is a great help, plus what you're doing should help.
Never thought of it like thats tbh...Perhaps Good would be a good one to use then..:)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I use "good!" but am another nutter who can imitate a clicker fairly well :eek: Don't tend to click with my tongue much with S&B as they know "good!" but it worked alarmingly well with a terrier I used to walk!

I did get some funny looks mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.