Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A lovely way to start any day.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Malmum, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Flynn wakes me every morning by laying his lovely heavy head on me. :) He just stands there til I turn over and give him a big cuddle, then will lie down next to my bed or go over to the door to be let out. What a lovely way to wake up - so love my boy. :001_wub:

Do your dogs wake you up in the morning too?

2. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Awwwww! What a lovely boy and what a lovely thing for him to do :)

Heh heh - our dogs usually wake me up - but it's because they bark when they hear my OH coming in at about 6.30am (he works nights) :lol: Not exactly the same as your lovely mornings :p

They all tear downstairs to greet him except Baggio, who always stays at the side of my bed until I get up and will jump onto the bed for a cuddle when he knows I'm awake.

3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

No the bloomin light does :mad: lol The first thing Tummel does when he sees i'm awake is comes and sticks his cold nose in my face, tail going like the clappers until i give in and let him on the bed :p:p then its cuddles and then i get up and take him for his morning walk

4. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Balto sits at the edge of the bed until he hears the first alarm and when he does he dives on in the middle of us!! And just flops his heavy head down on the pillow! X

5. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I must be very lucky then because Flynn doesn't make a sound, just stands there til I turn over. Praps he knows that mummy wouldn't like being woken up with a start, lol. :)

6. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Nope, Maya is Lazy and likes to lie in. If I go downstairs it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours before she'll decide to get up and join me :rolleyes:

7. Souris

Souris PetForums Senior

Pixel quite likes crawling up, laying down on your chest (if you're sleeping on your back) and then licking you to death until you wake up. I have to say, it was bizarre the first time to open your eyes and have his face right next to yours, but it's a welcoming sight these days!

He only gets to do it on the weekends though, he doesn't wake up before the alarm on a weekday. In fact, it's a struggle to get him out of bed in the mornings on a weekday full stop. :rolleyes:

8. rebeccajackson

rebeccajackson PetForums Member

Aww thats so sweet! My springer doesnt but my sibe does one loud bark and stands and waits to be let out, if that doesnt work she comes and licks my face hehe :)

9. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

Sonny does not wake me up as such. He sleeps on my bed and is fine if he knows that I am asleep but when the alarm goes off (although I think it is too early for him now as he just looks at me know) or he nows that I am awake then he will come up and stand on me wagging his tail to get my attention. He used to be nice and jump off the bed and go round my side and paw my face to wake me up when the alarm went off. I woke up this morning and he was lying on the pillow beside me (it is a double bed) I got such a fright as he is usually down the bottom of the bed. He does not make a sound though and is quite happy to laze around until I get up.

10. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

Sam paws my face :/ the others don't bother

11. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I'm making the most of it as Flynns op is on the 11th and he'll be in the crate for eight weeks :( so every morning is a treasure right now. My sweet "little" boy. :)

12. Snuggles

Snuggles PetForums Senior

HB normally wakes me up as it gets light by bringing me a toy and shoving it in my face. :)

HB also has a habit of dunking her toys in the water bowl. :rolleyes:

Some mornings I get up quicker than others. :lol:

13. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

harvey is crated and Roo is too small to jump on the bed, btu when I go out I put them both up there with OH, who regularly rings me to say he's woken with Roo wrapped round his head on the pillow and Harvey's arse in his face!

:eek:

14. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

Mine don't generally come upstairs and I don't like dogs on the bed anyway but as soon as I come downstairs they are waiting at the bottom to greet me and the same when I get home from work in the evening. So sweet :)

15. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

Horrid Breeze hears the boiler start up at 6am and takes it as her signal to get up and start whinging for her breakfast :rolleyes:
    They're not allowed in the bedrooms so she makes it extra loud in case we don't hear her!

Before she came along Scooter would only resort to the "I need my breakfast NOW" whines on a sunday, bless him.

16. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That would involve him willingly getting up at 7am :eek: he is not a morning person er dog. I normally have to drag him out of bed to go to the toilet before I leave. When he does get sent in to get me up however I get licked to death best way to wake up :)

17. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Bumble actually digs the covers off me then just looks as if to say HIYAAAA

:rolleyes::

Em
    xx

18. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Rupert stays in bed (his crate now its a bit warm) until he gets let out often by my Mum as she has to leave before me, and then he comes in and lies on my bed until I get up :)

19. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

My two are downstairs but some days i'm woken by Enzo yawning VERY loudly :rolleyes::

20. laineyvee13

laineyvee13 PetForums Member

He is still sleeping in his crate at night but lets me know when he wants his walk and brekkie :D At the weekend I let him wake OH .. open bedroom door and go for it Rascal x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice