Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A little worried that Tilly may be pregnant!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by K1nS, Apr 17, 2011.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

The woman we got her from never said anything so ive just messaged her on fb to see if theres any chance she is, shes never been out while shes been with us so.. but shes getting quite heavy now and her belly seems to be quite hard and rounded abit? We're going to go and get her a cat carrier tomorrow then we can book her into the vets. Im so worried :confused:

2. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

I've only had male cats so can't offer any advice on whether your cat is pregnant.

I hope that the woman you got her from didn't know she was pregnant when you took ownership of Tilly, that would be a despicable thing to do to someone. If she did even suspect and of course if she does admit this, I would be sorely tempted to ask her for some sort of contribution towards any vets costs.

For the time being, you have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

3. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Sounds as if your suspicions are correct though you need to vet to confirm them!

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Didn't the lady where you had her from said if she had been neutered or not?

I would be inclined anyway to take her to the vet for a check up, because i'm afraid these days you can't believe what some people say any more.

If she is having kittens it's probably not ideal for you but it's not the end of the world.

5. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

The woman we got her from has replied shes never been out while with her and never had any contact with a tom so she should be fine. A friend of mine said she may need worming so going to get that sorted tomorrow

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I still think she needs to be checked by your vet,sorry if this is what you are doing anyway,just not sure from your post.It may be that she is pregnant sadly you cannot always believe what people say.I assume she hasnt been neutered then.How old is she.It is not advisable to keep a female unneutered unless she is being used for breeding purposes and I'm sure that is not your intention.Get her booked in to your vet for spaying as soon as possible if she is not already done,for your own sanity and hers :smile:

7. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Yeah we will still be getting her checked out :) She isnt booked in yet to be spayed, we have only had her a week but its something that we will be doing for her :)

8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

How old is she.What a pity her original owner hadnt done the decent thing and had her neutered as soon as she was old enough.Good to read that you are doing right by her ,she will be a much happier and probably healthier cat .

9. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Thanks hun, yeah no point not doing it really, Im not interested in breeding her and it makes her much happier, helps prevent certain types of cancer so its good all round :) Wanted to get her used to us first before we went and got her done though, dont want her thinking we are horrible people lol... shes 14 months btw :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice