Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A little win for pet in a pet store!

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by TKK, Nov 9, 2012.

1. TKK

TKK PetForums Junior

I often visit our local pet store and it broke my heart to see chinchillas rabbits and degus with nothing to stimulate them, so over the last couple of months I brought things and the pet store allowed me to put stuff in there, especially in the pets up for adoption. Then last weeken I wen't to pick up some supplies to my delight every single animal had all new toys in their cage and things and treats to stimulate, nagging paid off. The chins loved the williow sticks and toys and hamsters had a new tube houses everything a little fur ball needs. The rabbits had tunnels balls to play with and sticks to chew, the degus with new play sticks wheel and chew nibblets. All of the animals for a change seemed happy. A little win for the little ones. :D

2. Rolacolacube

Rolacolacube Owned by 4 cats :)

What a lovely thing to do xx such a nice idea :D :D

3. MLB

MLB Guest

That's a really nice thing to do. I don't like seeing pets in pet shops as they always seem to have hardly anything in their cages and a lot of pet shops think more about profit than the animals welfare. I'm glad the rodents and bunnies seem happier.

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

In the least patronising way possible...that is an amazing thing you did for those poor animals!!

5. Louiseandfriends

Louiseandfriends PetForums Senior

It sounds like a good idea. :O Except if I were you, I wouldn't buy the toys from the same pet store as funding animals that live in poor conditions is a bad idea. :( xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice