Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A little rant about arguements because i'm seriously annoyed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

As some of you all know i have come from Dog chat only to be annoyed after reading a particular thread. I've said this one in there and i'm going to say it one last time on here so all of you READ it.

Can we please please please please act like decent human beings on this forum? I don't care how old you lot are, i don't care if you are rich, poor, young, old, whatever. But these arguements have got to stop!

THIS IS A FORUM - where everyone can talk and have healthy debates and speak their mind. It isn't a place where people can go back to school and name call and pull each others hair all because of a disagreement in someone's opinion.

If you can't have healthy debates, or talk without insulting one another then this is no longer the friendly forum i thought it was.

So please i'm saying it one last time - enough of the arguments and childish comments and maybe this forum will be a nicer place to talk!

Ladywiccana likes this.
  2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

It's stupid how petty people can become and then huge arguments are created and it just ruins the atmosphere of this forum.

Well said x

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Well said but i think it just falls on deaf ears

4. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

What have I missed, again! :rolleyes:

I agree btw.

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I think its the benefits thread in dog chat.

I might make a nice drink later and sit and read it.

6. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

OH i totally agree Rona, im not on hear as often what with kids on hols but when i do i see yet another pick pick pick on some poor soul. Im just gonna reply to threads the best way i see it and leave it at that. DO you think it would be possible for people to reply in this way, have their say then say no more if it is seen as being a bit off. Oh i dont know the solution Rona, if you think of one, let me know, all i know is it is looking quite bitchy in here sometimes, not all , there are also some lovely posts too, i wont say its all bad, but i just come on here and its like someone lets the air out of my tyres and i go away feeling sad.........that isnt why i come on here in the first place, not doubt it will put other people off too.:(

1 person likes this.
  7. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

About that post i read the first few posts then put my answer, im not gonna enter into any rant, i have my say then thats that done and dusted. So i dont know what has been said after, i think there were rather alot of pages and i dont have hours to put into it when it is just gonna give me tummy sadness (as my daughter calls it).

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

rona posted?! I didn't see her post....lol

9. lmao i was about to say - wheres rona?

hahaha!

Anyway I am with you 100% AD, Its time everyone grew up, and started to behave responsibly and respectfully to others - they are entitled to their views and you are to yours!

If a member has "gone off on one" then rise above it! Reply if you have to in a respectful manner - do NOT let it turn into a witch hunt!

The majority of us here are adults, lets start behaving like them, and show the younger members we are the role models we pretend to be!

10. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I swear I live in a bubble on here, i never see any bad stuff!!!

11. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh I read 2 pages, get the gist of it! Cannot read 26 pages, no way. So much negativity.

12. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I agree what with all the spat's and and the thread about people asking about the same old thing's, It's almost killed the forum:(.

13. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

As most of you know i love a good open debate,but when it starts getting out of hand it really p*sses me off. I think some people just like to force their oppions on others and as far as i'm concerned thats not the way to get people to change,if indeed they should.:D:D:D

14. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I did start to read it and decided there was like so much of it, so i thought i would post a coment but the thread was closed:eek:hmy:

15. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

We should all be able to have healthy debates without it getting personal but unfortunately that is not always the case......and its always the same threads over and over that we all end up falling out over! I hope we can get back on track as things were deffo looking up in the last few months:)

16. animallover111

I agree with everyone....i would be ashamed if i was some of the members on that thread......this is meant to be a family site.....whilst i agree debates get heated...but everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether your aged 1-100!!!.....i thought the forum has been fab lately......

17. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I agree, If it wasn't for the fact in the last couple of month's i've made some good friend's and had some really good evening's on here i'd be long gone:D

18. animallover111

i totally agree.....

19. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

agreed

To pick on and insult a 15yr old is pretty low, this forum is from 13yrs plus just because they are young doesnt mean thier point isnt valid, to pick on spelling and grammer aswell is insulting, everyone makes mistakes.

I would be very very annoyed if an "adult" had been talking to my child how she was spoken to. Debates are fab if personal insults arent used you shouldnt have to make someone feel bad or upset to get your point across, as an adult you should be able to debate without being a nasty little so and so!

20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I was pleased to see it closed, dont know of a solution, dont think there is one it will happen on forums but us as adults need to try and walk away (difficult sometimes i know) and set an example, but on the other hand if young people are going to come on and ime glad we have youngsters they have to also take some responsibilty too, as i thought and i would say it her myself ime going behind any ones back that emily was disrespectfull.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice