Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

a little confused ..

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, May 31, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

Just wondered if any of you good people could help me with my dates with honey , I've gone over the dates and think I've confused myself!
    date honey went to stud-31-03-10(she had been calling for 3 days on this day)no confimed matings were seen , from how the queen and stud were acting the stud breeder thought matings too place between 02-04-10 to 04-04-10.Honey pinked up on thursday 22-04-10 (may well have been on the weds )but defo signs on the thursday , now this is the bit were i get lost ...do i date the expected kittening date from the pinking up day (6 weeks)or 9 weeks from when we think mating took place? any help would be gratefully received:)
    julie x

2. purrlover

forgot to add what date do you think shes due?:)

3. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Julie this all confuses me as well so I assumed it was around 9 weeks from the actual mating time well thats what I am basing Geri on so I know she mated on 1st April so that makes today 61 days and I am sure i read somewhere kittens can be born anytime from 57-63 days so we are all waiting here with baited breath lol cud be any minute now or not? So wud assume Honey about same stage as Geri its very exciting and scary all at the same time do you feel like that?

4. purrlover

hi ya .. yeah i find it very confusing :confused:::confused:: my mentor goes 6 weeks from pinking up but all the books say 9 weeks from mating... but im not excatly sure when mating took place!!i can see lots of movements and both sides of her tummy tho to be honest its been very quite today (dont know if thats a sign of things happening, again the books say it slows down a week or so before ) i woke up last night after dreaming about honey .... i wasnt this bad when i had my own babies!!
    julie x
    038.jpg this is Rosie and Honey chilling out this afternoon , Rosie is due on or about 15th june :) honey is the whiter one showing off her big belly :eek6:

5. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Aw Rosie and Honey are both lovely and so I take it 2 lots of kittens in the next couple of weeks then u are so brave, I can't be sure I have seen any movement in Geri but she is very longhaired so its difficult to see anything can feel her nipples and have to search thru the fur to see them but they are rather big, I did feel the kitten/kittens moving last night she was laying across my stomach with her tummy resting on my hand and I could really feel them moving so thats all good, its the waiting now does it just happen or like humans are there lots of different stages, am sure I dont need to panic this much but its the unknown tht scares me :eek6::eek6: will try and ge pic of Geri now and put it up see what u think!

6. purrlover

yes ive got 2 litters due ...lol im a new breeder of manx cats i have a great mentor thats helping me so i dont feel so alone ...but yes its very scary ... but im sure we will both be ok ... i mean cats have beeing doing this without any help from us for lots of years .. my mentor is a big believer in not interving unless we really have too .. so i shall be watching from a bit of a distance , i think honey will ahve 3 kittens and im not sure about rosie you cant tell if shes pregnant really (her nipples pinked up after 3 weeks and they are still huge ) but shes got no belly bulge so i suppose time will tell she might only have one or two kittens ..if any :( hope you manage to post a pic of your mum to be would love to see her .. is she big? how many kittens do you think she will have?
    julie

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I think I would take it from 14-4-10 and count day 1, 2, 3, from there but then ovulation/egg travel etc takes up to 3 days so.....when I am on day 60 I always think, this could be day 60 or 63.

Just to confuse things. :D

Not long now!!! :thumbup: I always do lots of exclamation marks when excited!!!!

8. purrlover

14-4-10 ?? did you mean the 4th?? and use the 9 week rule? sorry im getting very confuzzeled!! :confused: and dont worry i too am a over user of the !!!! mark ...lol
    julie

9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Sorry 4-4-10 and count 5th as day 1 and count up to 63 or day 60 depending on ovulation! Does that make sense?

10. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Julie well I stil think u are brave but as u say at least u have some back up with ur mentor, I am just gonna take all the advice from here and use tht as my mentor:lol: will do pic as soon as camera charged (sorry 1st grandchild was born in march and he tends to run battery life down very fast bless him) and also how do I put pics in the post I am on at the time if tht makes sense?

Mellowma Now I am really confused going by the dates u said so if mating took place on 1st April wud we be on day 61 or not:confused1:

11. purrlover

i think i follow you mellowma ...just ...:lol:
    and im not any good with posting of pics (my son puts mine on here) oh the shame of it now my secrets out!! im sure there are lots of cleaver people on here who can and will help ya , think im gonna stick with the 5th june for honeys due date :) they will come when they are ready i suppose :D
    ju x

12. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Julie camera is still charging sure i can figure how to get the pics up i dont think she is that big compared to some i have seen i would think 1 or 2 kittens but just maybe 3 i really dont think anymore than 3 she doesnt look big enough to be honest anyway pics be on soon as i can!!!!!!

purrlover likes this.
  13. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

If your girl surprises you, and in fact she mated at least once on the first night (if she had been calling for 3 days it's more than possible!) she 'could' be 64 days on Wednesday. She could however be 64 days for the next 7 days as well :lol:

If you are feeling and seeing a lot of movement and have been for the last week perhaps (?) then it could be sooner rather than later.

I'm glad Monty the stud only came to stay with us for 3 days now :lol: I was pulling my hair out waiting as it was! Turned out my girl started giving birth on day 64 and finished on day 65 (she started at 10:35pm and finished at 12:15am):D.

purrlover likes this.
  14. purrlover

i shall keep looking for the pics to come then ...
    julie x

15. purrlover

thanks for adding to the confusion! :) im really unsure now ..lol i felt movements for a week its been really intense for the last 4 days .. but todays its been very quite ... how many did your girl have ?

16. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

65 days from first mating.

If you're not sure when that was, you'll just have to make sure yopu're available a lot and watch out closely 1. for everythign "dropping" 9no way she will have them until that has happened) and 2. for her searching for soemwhere to have them.

Sorry! I may well be in a similar position with one of mine.

Liz

17. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Liz is 65 days from mating the norm then as i have read 57-63days but i am no expert on this at all but think on day 61 today but just so confused but to be honest i did think earlier it looked as if she was carrying underneath as opposed to out the sides so maybe thts a sign its close!!!!!!

18. purrlover

im finding it really hard to tell with honey cos shes so big ... shes walking funny tonight tho sort of creeping about (similar to when she was in call) shes had no runs , still eating a fair bit , gone very loving (like at the beg) no milk in evidence liz what day would you call today for honey? im thinking day 60?
    cheers julie x

19. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

You'll know when her belly drops. She will look like she has great big voids just in front of her hind hips, where previously it was kitten belly :lol: The sign it's hours away for us was when she started 'shunting' her belly. It almost looked like over exaggerated hiccups, but not as frequent as them ... if that makes sense.

The last 24 hours the kitties movement did slow right down, but even while she was giving birth I saw a little bit of kicking from the last two. I think they were fighting to get out because they were only 15 minutes apart :lol: My girl had 4 :D she looked pretty huge for 4 kitties too!

I've shown it before a few times, but here it is again. This was my girl 36 hours before popping Tinks (kitty number 1) out :D. She plucked the fur out from around her nipples for a couple of days leading up to this image (she did it some more right up until the birth too):

[​IMG]

20. purrlover

aww shes beautiful , honey hasnt been pulling out her nipple hair and her boobs have no milk in them (no puffiness anyway ) i think im gonna have to just go with the flow ... :) im still confused with the date thing tho ,,lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice