UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm surrounded by females and need to man up the house. It's just me and my son surrounded by bitches including the OH, shh don't tell her :p Wonder what she'd say if I walked in with a new addition ;)

Regards, Rory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The question is would she notice?! ;)
Hmm, probably not...maybe if she got on with the house work without it looking a tip but can't see that happening any time soon so maybe just take the risk ;) I'm spending my day glancing through dog rescue websites and there are so many I could take home with me, maybe she won't notice even 2 or 3 new additions, or would that be pushing my luck? :tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hmm, probably not...maybe if she got on with the house work without it looking a tip but can't see that happening any time soon so maybe just take the risk ;) I'm spending my day glancing through dog rescue websites and there are so many I could take home with me, maybe she won't notice even 2 or 3 new additions, or would that be pushing my luck? :tongue_smilie:
Just to warn you! We have just got a boy pup after over 20 years of only having bitches - tummy rubs are sooooo much trickier! :sosp:

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Just to warn you! We have just got a boy pup after over 20 years of only having bitches - tummy rubs are sooooo much trickier! :sosp:
See when I got my bitch pup I was like, where's your winky!!! :lol:

Adding a male may go both ways. Your girls could love him. Or he'll be hen pecked. :lol:

But if you add a pup or young rescue you should be fine. And after 3 they just start blending in. I had three then picked up a pup when I went to get dog food. Then my OH was away in Canada and I added another dog (foster) he came home and it took him a bit to realise.. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments, my OH is the tummy tickler so she may well realise if one of them have grown a winky LOL. Yeah the dog will either be a young rescue or a puppy rescue as I won't go paying a back hard breeder to only encourage them to do it more. Hopefully the bitches won't go all floozy and fight for the male attention (they are spayed, don't worry). Now to decide which rescue dog to bring home as I've seen so many. Suggestions welcome :p Ta to y'all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.