Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A hedgehog day (sorry not cat related)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by nicolaa123, Oct 13, 2013.

1. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

It was my second day of volunteering..have been quite stressed of late so was so looking forward to going today and cleaning poo :D

This is the place I goto

Shepreth Hedgehog Hospital |

I had the pleasure of cleaning these little guys..not too messy for hoglets..they are about 160g now so tiny :)

Huddling Baby Hedgehogs | Shepreth Hedgehog Hospital

There is also an amazon wish list if anyone is interested in helping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=1X9P26OY6V20K&type=wishlist

There was one poorly little one at 70g..he is going home with a volunteer for hourly feeds..really hope he pulls through :(

It's the start of autumn juvenile season, so expect an influx of baby hoglets that will have to be over wintered..

There are currently over 50 in care..really hard work but so enjoyable :)

2. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

I was out in my garden last night and could hear the tell tale rustling sound of Hedgehogs in the under growth. I was outside listening out for the owls at the time and have been lucky enough to see them briefly by the small amount of lighting we have here.

3. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Keep an eye out..they maybe babies that are too small to hibernate..if you can put food out it will attract them. Chicken flavour cat food or chopped up nuts, sunflower hearts or meal worms

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice