Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ellie82, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Ellie82

Ellie82 PetForums Junior

I just want to give a little update on my scottish terrier puppy as it might help someone in a similar situation.

7 Months ago I collected my little scotty dog puppy from a breeder in Oxford and It felt like i was a kid at Christmas again. I have always wanted a puppy but never could at home because we have always had cats at home. Eventually I got my wish and I got Winnie.

Few weeks into having her and things were not really how id hoped. The cats now lived upstairs in fear of the puppy and my mum was getting more and more worried about the cats living in fear. We hadn't long had a siamese kitten before we got the puppy and we thought it would be nice for them to grow up together but instead we were worried about them playing really rough together and it was all really stressful.

I kept googling scottish terriers and cats and read page after page that terrier should not be kept with cats and they will never get on etc.

My mum and I eventually came to the conclusion that we had to get rid of Winnie and my heart ripped in half, I couldn't imagine what it would be like without her. We wrote an email to the breeder explaining the situation and asked if it would be possible if she could have her back. The breeder didn't really want to know (which I was secretly pleased about)

The week after that I got hold of a puppy pen and we put the puppy in there and put the cats in the same room, just for half hour at a time and it eventually worked a treat.

Now they all get on great and its really good :) The puppy and the kitten are best buddies and even wash each other and sleep in the same bed lol

Im so pleased we didn't give up.

Attached Files:

2. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

I have a Simaese too and she loves my dogs especially our Mini Smooth Dachshund maybe because they are about the same size. Well done they look lovely together. :) Attached is my Siamese Mei-Mei

Attached Files:

3. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Well done for persevering with Winnie, it has paid dividends. She is gorgeous & so is kitty - loving the 2nd pic of them both in the basket.:thumbup:

4. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Well done you for sticking at it gorgeous dog and cat :)

5. Ellie82

Ellie82 PetForums Junior

Ahh thats a lovely siamese, is it a chocolate point? Siamese have a great character. I couldnt live without one :)

6. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

How lovely]well done for perservering and a happy ending for all involved :001_smile:

7. Ellie82

Ellie82 PetForums Junior

8. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im so glad things have settled down for you all :)

9. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Awe that's lovely and what lovely picture's - bet you thought you'd never see anything like that. So glad the breeder couldn't take her back! ;)

10. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Glad you persevered!!

11. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

that really did turn out as well as it could have done:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice