Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

a happier post from Busters owner

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lulus mum, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Some of you may recognise Busters name.
    He was our 15 yr old dementia dog ,who we lost last month and whose loss is still very raw
    Or you may recognise my user name-Lulu was our collie cross who we lost the year before.

Im so pleased to be able to type a happier post today

On November 10th I became a MOTHER IN LAW and Im thrilled

My son ,Peter,had had 3 long term relationships ,2 of which lasted 9 yrs.

After his 3rd one ended he had to move back home-(at the age of 38,)leaving Connor,(the child of his ex-not Peters child,)who had called him dad for the last 6 yrs and who DOTED on him.

Connor was so upset -even though the split was very amicable
    He asked-will you still be my dad? and
    What will happen if you meet someone else ?
    I was SO proud of Peter when he said
    I will ALWAYS be your dad and if I do meet someone and they dont want you-they dont want me either-we come as a package.

Peter re-met Vicky, the sister of one of his best friends-she is also our daughters best friend

To cut a long story short they had a lovely wedding-the sun actually shone.

Connor ,now 13 ,was the ring bearer, and Vickys daughter , Abbi ,also 13 was a bridesmaid.The two "children "get on so well and have done from the start.
    Connor comes to stay with his "dad" every weekend and sometimes more.
    Ive never seen our Peter so happy and I think the world of Vicky-(I taught her when she was only 7)
    Peter and Vicky have gone on honeymoon to Mexico-without the children,giving them some special time together which they dont often get.

Sorry if this is a long post-but just had to share it with you all,as you have been here for me in my losses over the last 18 mths and I owe you so much.
    Maureen

Just a P.S which may make you smile
    Researched my married name perhaps to share with them in the form of a -cant think of the word-something to put on the wall showing family shield history etc

Changed my mind when I read
    Shakeshaft
    from the Old English -"one who brandishes a lance
    or a spear"

Not much wrong with that you may think
    till you read the last bit

"or an intimate part of their anatomy"
    Think I willl keep that from the new bride and groom

#1 Lulus mum, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

What a lovely post! Lives can be so complicated with parents separating etc. It's so nice to hear that your son has made it through all those sad times and is married.
    I hope you are really proud of him :)

By the way, I wouldn't mention that last bit of info about your name. Yet!!
    :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice