Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Grumpy Puss

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Rhiannan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Rhiannan

Rhiannan PetForums Junior

I have 2 cats Nemo and Booby, they are sisters and are about 6 years old now. I've had them since they were kittens, they were indoor cats until I moved in January and now they go outside too but don't go far.

They used to get on great and play and cuddle up together which was great, but realy since we moved Booby has started to hiss as Nemo alot and swipe at her sometimes too :( Nemo doesn't do anything at all to bring it on, just walks by, or is even sitting innocently when booby walks up and hisses at her :confused:

I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden? Booby has always been quite grumpy with people she doesn't know, ever since she went to the vets to be speyed she will hiss at new people if they try to stroke her. And yet she is the cuddliest little puss with me.

Any idea why Nemo is now taking the brunt of her grumpiness? I wondered if it could be territorial since they are now getting outside might have changed things? Nemo always seemed to be top puss and still now she eats first and sleeps on my pillow lol.

Rhiannan

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

It could just be jealousy. My 2 cats are the same, one was really friendly and wanted to play with the other but she was always hissing and spitting at him and now its completely the other way around! He is always launching attacks on her lol :rolleyes::

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice