Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Good Harness?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Starlite, May 31, 2010.

1. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Anyone recommend one?

Normally when Shortys on her long line its attached to her collar but i think a harness might be better as she runs about like a maddy and catches her feet on it :blush:

2. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

We've just bought our first ever harnesses. It's from pets at home 3 peaks range. It seems pretty good but I have nothing to compare it with.

3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

With Harvey on his long line I just use a padded Harness, I think It was 6 euros from the supermarket, but it's lasted and still going strong. I didn't like the idea of his LL on his collar as he has the tendancy to run full pelt to the end when we first go out.:D Not sure if this answers you question :eek:

4. Sophiex

Sophiex PetForums VIP

The Ezydog harness is the best one I've tried and I've tried quite a few!

5. ScottieDog

ScottieDog PetForums Junior

Ruffwear all the way.

What size of dog do you have. My bearded is in the Webmaster.:thumbup:

6. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I have a bridle leather harness for tracking, from Karenswood (just google). They are very well made, and comfortable for dogs to wear, they have a few nice products on their website, although as they last so long, I haven't been on there recently!

7. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

My girl's on a rogz for dogz harness..

8. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

9. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Ancol - Home

Monty has two black ones and a red one, he never got on with a collar so has always had harnesses.

I like that they are adjustable to cope with his winter and summer coat.

10. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

radleys harness is by Ancol. we have only had it a week but so far so good. i got it in the range store.

11. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

That's where I got Mont's from, cheaper than my local pet place :)

12. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i was a bit wary at first.... being a new dog owner and all that... had lots of visions in my mind about the harness breaking and radders tearing down the road :lol::lol: but it is a sturdy thing (tested by 3 kids pulling and twisting it, the best way i find :))

he isnt so sure of it though... on his collar and lead he pulls badly but will walk.. with the harness on he stops every two or three steps!

13. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

Fleece Lined Harness for dogs and cats

These are the best harnesses!!! I love them. They are really comfy for them, dont rub their fur, are fleece-padded throughout the entire harness, very strong clips, they open on both sides so you can put it over their head rather than having to step into it, wash well and come in a really good range of sizes and colours. They even do some new ones with flouresecent/reflective webbing.

Pretty much everyone I know in agility and flyball have them.

They are perfect for use with a long-line :thumbup:

Having the long line on a back-clipping harness is great as it keeps it up out the way and stops them getting tangled up in it. We have always used one of these for maggie and they last really well too.

I did have a rogz one early on, but it only had a fastener on one side and so had to be stepped into which was sometimes slightly awkward and also it had a metal ring at the chest which can pull up into the bottom of the throat which I didn't like.

#13 katiefranke, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  14. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

These harnesses are really good, very comfortable for the dog, well made and so easy to put on. Adjustable too. I use them all the time with my two.

15. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

Also had them for our dogs.

Had zara's for 2yrs. Constant use. Well worth the money. Kept it as a back up :thumbup:
    And the one for ziggy lasted 5days. As I left it on her :rolleyes:and she ate through it :mad5::mad5:

16. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

thanks from me guys , I was looking for a strong harness, recent times for Brewster .

17. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I have one of their perfect fit harnesses (also fleece lined)! Buster is an odd shape so being able to buy the pieces seperately to fit him was brilliant! Every other harness i tried either didnt fit properly or rubbed him raw under his legs :(

Id def recommend the dog-games harnesses!!!! :):)

#17 Savahl, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  18. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

thanx for all your help guys, im gonna go with the fleece lined one :thumbup:

I just have one problem now tho, do i stick with a long line or go with one of those flexi leashes??

#18 Starlite, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  19. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I would say long line. I found the flexi leads encourages buster to pull, as there isnt a clear indication of when to walk nicely and when not to....so he had a walking lead when i expected him to walk to heel, and a long line for when he could wander.

20. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

thanx guys, ive ordered her harness - the size 7 meant for akitas etc :scared:

She needs to stop growing lol!

OHs gonna kill me, i got the neon pink webbing :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice