Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Good Gundog Book?

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by GoldenShadow, May 19, 2010.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Can anyone recommend me one at all..? Hoping I could get a copy off Amazon as I've got a long list of things to get from there anyway, but doesn't matter if not! I have no idea which authors are any good or what I should look for, so any recommendations greatly appreciated! I'm after something which just covers the basics really but anything else is a bonus too :)

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

John Weller's 'A Simple Approach to Gundog Training' - covers all the basics, very well written in a way that even I can understand :) plus the proceeds go to charity!

3. mum2three

mum2three PetForums Junior

Hi,
    Saw this recommendation ages ago but I can't find it anywhere now. any idea where I can find a copy.

4. sharps218

sharps218 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I've just read the pet gun dog, its new and by a lady called Lez Graham, you can get it off her website LezGrahamBooks

Some really good techniques and a common sense approach for training your dog, its working wonders on my 2 labs

Cheers

Rich

5. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

There are some gun dog books on ebay for sale....if thats any good;)

6. beltabout

beltabout PetForums Junior

Susan Scales Basic Retriever Training. This book has been the one that I have based my training on for the last 20ish years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice