Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A good day with a bit of a rant

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 24, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I decided to take Dave into town with me today, so I packed up my bag with water and a bowl, treats poop bags and a toy.

I had to get 2 buses so took my son to the park, Dave and I sat under the shade of a tree, he was running back and forward to my son who was on the round-about.. Dave doesn't like him being on it and kept trying to bite it! Then he was jumping on it!

He was really well behaved, even if he did pull on the lead a bit.
    We were on the way to the shop for juice before the 2nd bus, and Dave was being Really good walking to heel even though he wanted to say hello to the black lab that was standing next to its owner outside a shop, off its lead.

Well we just about got by it when it came behind us and viciously went for Dave! I was about ready to punch the guy, I had Dave on the outside and my son on the right, the side that the dog was on. Seeing as it was off lead you would have thought it was harmless.

Well instead of punching him I said ''do you mind getting that on its lead? it could have bit my son!!'' and the woman came out the shop and told her man off for having it off lead ''you know what hes like'' she told him. I said it ought to have a muzzle on if its like that then. They dragged it away and shut it in the car :(

Apart from that, we had a nice day, had an ice cream, went to another park, now were having a barbecue :D

xx

oh ps just incase I sound like one of those people I always shake my head at- I stopped to give Dave a drink loads and made sure we stayed in the shade. We spent most of the afternoon in my oh shop with Dave lying under the table sleeping :)

2. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

It is always a shame when a dog has a vicious streak as ultimately it is rarely their fault. What is an even bigger shame is when a dog like that is then not kept under control as it is probably a case of when it will bite, rather than if. And we all know what happens next to the dog that bites a child.

Glad the rest of your day was good - I can't wait until I can take Chance back out for the day and into the park. She loves buses as they are always full of people that are surprised to see a dog and love to make a fuss of her!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice