A general life update!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ellenlouisepascoe, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I realise I am a terrible forum dweller these days, and this being a general update about me ... my life and the animals in it I thought it best to stick it here rather than separate it out into different sections!

Firstly of course the pups! I would like to touch on little Taz , as most people who know me already know Taz has congestive heart failure and this year celebrated his 12th birthday. I have noticed quite a decline in his health over the last few months, mostly a lot of coughing / hacking / breathlessness and sometimes going a bit wobbly and faint. He has also lost a bit of weight and any attempts to feed him up result in a runny bum. Despite this he still enjoys his walks and generally keeps up, he is still sometimes playful however tires quickly. I'm not sure just quite how long we have left however I intend on continuing to let him live his life to it's fullest as long as he's comfortable.

FB_IMG_1493539693154.jpg

The Huskies... well they are as mental , noisy and irritating as usual, Shelby recently ate a hole out of the sofa , Blue is currently being traumatised by fireworks , Blade is still good as gold and touch wood Skyla has had no more allergic outbreaks since last year.

20171109_213534.jpg
    20171008_155046.jpg
    20171008_154758.jpg
    20171026_175422.jpg

Some people may remember that I got back into fish keeping recently, and had received a 5ft fish tank from my Mam and Step dad for my 30th birthday ( which was in September ) and just because it's beautiful and I'm proud of how it looks I am going to include a piccy of it in here too

20171028_164943.jpg

** NOW A WARNING AS SCROLLING FURTHER WILL RESULT IN YOU SEEING PHOTOS OF REPTILES / SNAKES**

We have had William Snakespeare almost 6 months now! After an initial hunger strike he is eating well and rapidly gaining weight! At his last weigh in he was 753g and he will turn a year old at the end of this month.
    I've gone from not wanting a snake in the house to actually being quite fond of him, he's a fascinating little animal and snakes aren't nearly as creepy or mean as people think

20171109_111403.jpg

So much so that we actually have a second snake in the house! Currently nicknamed Taylor ,this little guy is a pastel Royal Python at 7 months old weighing 552g. I'm not sure whether he's a permanent or temporary lodger however he is staying here while his proper owner learns more about his care needs.

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-08 at 23.52.39.jpeg

Last but certainly not least is this absolutely adorable critter here. After never really having anything to do with reptiles growing up, getting confident with the snake allowed me to fall in love with Leopard Geckos and I absolutely adore this girl. She has hand-tamed so well and comes out to sit on my hand whenever asked

20171108_221554.jpg

and an adorable bonus video of her eating!

Anyways , I hope you are all well... and what is new with you guys?

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Nothings changed...I notice how gorgeous Shelby gets blamed for everything! Eating a sofa...as if the angel would eat that!

All pets look brilliant!

Nice to hear from you again...

3. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums Senior

I'm rather envious of your domestic menagerie! :D.

Poor Taz, but at least he's sounding happy in himself at the moment :)

I love the second photo, looks like butter wouldn't melt :Joyful.

4. ellenlouisepascoe

That is because Shelby is almost always to blame for the evils in this household... despite that I love her stupid face to pieces :D

We are turning into the Pascoe family zoo I think! We are going to start charging £5 per family member when they come and visit us and maybe get some money towards the heating bills :D

5. Matrod

Matrod Slave to an OAP
    Staff Member

I can't believe Shelby would do something as dastardly as that! It's a good job she's so beautiful :Happy. I'm sorry to hear about Taz, I hope he has heaps of quality time left with you all.

I love the reptiles, snakes are just such stunning creatures, Taylor's markings are gorgeous.

ellenlouisepascoe likes this.
  6. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Great photos... My daughter and her partner keep exotics they have various snakes lizards etc as well as several spiders and some african tree frogs (I love the way they sing) plus 4 cats for the cuddle factor!

Far from creepy I find them all very fascinating.

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Lovely to hear from you Ellen. Sorry to hear that little Taz is now having some problems, but I hope that he will still be OK and enjoying life for a goodwhile to come yet.

8. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Hellooo :D I enjoyed your update, thanks for sharing. Your dogs look as gorgeous as ever. Glad you're well x

9. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

Aquarium looks really good. Do you use co2 or is that all low tech?

10. ellenlouisepascoe

I know she is just the devil in disguise but it is very hard to be mad at her... just look at that face!

I find them very fascinating too, my little leopard gecko Nebula is absolutely adorable and runs to her enclosure door when I go into the room. She loves to cuddle up on the palm of my hand and crawl all over me and as you can see from the video will eat bugs from me. She honestly melts my heart.

Thank you @Sled dog hotel I hope so too. I have promised him I won't put him through masses of poking and prodding in his last months / years he has had a bloomin' good run and as long as he's comfortable I am happy.

Thank you! I hope you and all of yours are well too x

All low tech :) No Co2 just a good substrate and easy plants! Most of the plants in there are from Pets at home ( the new ones that come in the little individual packets ) and a nice large stocking to provide plenty of food from the plants. I do dose some liquid ferts now and again when I remember

Matrod likes this.
  11. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums Senior

Your dogs are beautiful do you exercise them all together?

12. ellenlouisepascoe

I certainly do, the huskies are strictly on lead only however my little cav can go offlead :)

13. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

Great photos - thanks. You sound as bonkers as me: two indoor cats, one indoor rabbit and a rescued hamster, large tank of tropical fish and I’m about to adopt a staffie! How I manage to fit in my six days a week fifteen hours a day employment I have no idea! Good job I work from home :)

14. Sproglet

Sproglet PetForums Member

Lovely animals, reptiles and fish, though have to admit, I'm terrified of snakes!! Your fish tank is gorgeous! I stopped keeping fish years ago after our tank sprang a leak and had to quickly rehome my fish, though do miss them :)

15. ellenlouisepascoe

The fish tank struggle in this house is larger than the big tank lol! We actually have 6 fish tanks, the big 425L one, then I have 4 25L cubes containing Betta and a 54L tank that up until yesterday contained by Giant Betta Odin and some Corydora, unfortunately I had to euthanize Odin yesterday after a tumour that had developed on his side started to effect him. I was heart broken. So we have
    5 Dogs
    2 Snakes
    1 Leopard Gecko
    6 Fish tanks
    Me, my husband and my nephew ( although he's in the army so only home on weekends ) I work full time mon - friday and my husband works continental shifts.... I dunno where I find the time either lol

Maybe you will get into the fish keeping hobby again in the future :) I will admit I did not want the first snake he was my nephews idea and I was dead set against it. I have went from refusing to hold or touch him, to being able to touch him as long as someone else was holding him, to holding him as long as someone else got him out of his vivarium, to being able to get him out and hold him myself. Royal pythons are extremely docile, neither of these have ever tried to hurt me and William I will often sit on the bed and let him slither around with me which when my nephew first brought the idea of getting a snake up to me I never thought I'd be able to do.

20171109_111413.jpg

Matrod, lullabydream and Sproglet like this.
  16. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern Another one drives a Duster

What a great pet family! What do you have in your fish tank?

17. ellenlouisepascoe

The tank in the post has....

6 Dension Barbs
    6 Red Rainbows
    7 Diamond Tetras
    10 Ottocinclus
    10 Purple Tetra
    10 Copper Tetra
    10 Costello ( January ) Tetras
    10 Cardinal Tetras
    6 Neon Tetras
    6 Rummy nose Tetras
    5 Harlequin Rasboras
    1 Electric Blue Ram
    1 German Blue Ram
    1 Super Red Bristlenosed Plec
    3 Lemon Blue eyed long fin Bristlenosed Plec
    1 Snowball Plec
    7 Black venezuelan corydoras
    20 Magenta Mystery snails and 1Blue mystery snail

MiffyMoo and FeelTheBern like this.
  18. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Nice to see your lovely doggies and the fish tank looks beautiful ! (Quickly scrolled past the snakes though lol)

Long may Taz continue to live a comfortable life :)

I’ve missed Blue’s scowl :D

19. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Hey stranger, I’ve missed you!

So sorry to hear about Taz, it must be quite difficult for you. The rest of the fluffiers are looking as fab as ever

20. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern Another one drives a Duster

What about the non-fluffy pets? Are they looking fab as well? Don't discriminate!

MiffyMoo likes this.