Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A friend for my dog. What breed?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by richakn, Apr 25, 2011.

1. richakn

richakn PetForums Newbie

The wife and I are considering getting a second dog as a friend for Eric, our Lhasa/Maltese mix. He's friendly and well behaved if not a little lively - he is a little hyper active around other dogs but never agressive. Any ideas on what breed might mix well with him? We want another small dog who is friendly and easy going, as well as one that gets on well with kids.

Thanks!

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

A Westie :thumbup:

Ok so I'm slightly biased but they're small, energetic, mine is very friendly towards everyone and everything, loves other dogs, loves kids....

Perfect really :D

3. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

If you want a family dog, I can strongly recommend a cavalier king Charles spaniel, great dogs,get on well with children and a generally loving great breed.

Or want about a shitz zu (sp?) I don't know a lot about them but they seem to be nice from the ones I've met. :)

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Yes, Westies are smashing little dogs.

Mine is an anti-sociable little bugger - he loves myself, my husband and my son, but couldn't care less about anyone else, and jeez, he hates kids - but don't let that put you off, Westies are generally very happy go lucky little dogs that love everyone and everything, they make perfect family pets.

They're a nice size (small, but not too small), have plenty of energy but will take as much or as little exercise as you can give them, they're low shedding, not as vocal as some terriers, love other dogs and they have buckets of charm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice