Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A few puppy questions

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Emraa, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Bella is 12 almost weeks old. On her vaccination card she has all the boxes ticked except rabies. When would this be due? Can she go out for walks now and mix with other dogs? Would she be due any boosters soon?
    How often can she be treated for worms and fleas?
    She is scratching but i can't see any fleas - any ideas?

I am new at all this so any info, no matter how small, would be great! :)

2. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Are you in the UK? If so and you are not planning on taking her abroad with you you won't need the rabies shot:D

3. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

I believe fleas are monthly and worms are 3 monthly but check the instructions of whatever you use.

4. Pamela

Pamela Guest

What breed of dog is she?
    You need to treat for fleas monthly and worms is usually 3 monthly. has she had her full injections now, if so about a week to ten days after the last one she can go out for walks. remember to limit the time you walk her as she is only 12 weeks old.
    I get Holly's flea and worm treatment from the vet.

5. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Scratching can sometimes be a sign that the pup is nervous. Our boy was a bit scratchy when we first got him (rescue pup though) but soon stopped it after he felt more secure. No fleas or anything there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice