Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A Felini question

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LittleEms, Apr 1, 2021.

1. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

Hi all, hoping someone could help as I am terrible at figuring out measures for stuff.

I currently have my kittens on predominantly cooked chicken + juices for their meals plus one meal of a gi packet food.
    They get 50g of cooked shredded chicken at each meal. I am struggling to work out how much felini to mix in per 50g. I cook and store in bulk so it’s easier for me to add the felini when I weigh out the portions to serve.

Instructions say:
    A fully grown cat weighing 4.5kg requires approx. 130g of meat spread out over 2-3 meals. Mix 65g of meat in with 0.8g of Felini Complete (flat spoon) and 2 tbsp of water. For the preparation of larger amounts give 12.5g of Felini Complete with 1kg of meat.

With 0.8g for 65g of chicken, how much would be added in with 50g? I was going to play it safe and do 0.5g as I don’t want to do too much. Also do I mix it with water/juices before adding to the chicken?

2. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

I made mine up in larger portions with the Felini complete, then put it into meal sized smaller portions. I mixed the juices in with Felini complete then added it to the chicken as that seems to make it easier.
    How old are they both now? As of I remember correctly they are about 8 months old, then they will still require more food than an adult cat so 65g per portion isn’t probably a bad sized portion. Phoebe would eat about 300-350g of chicken with Felini a day (she was about 4.5kg then)

LittleEms likes this.
  3. Divide 0.8 by 65 and then multiply by 50. This is the amount 0.615384615g so use 0.61g

You might want to work out their daily meat consumption instead with Felini complete.

LittleEms likes this.
  4. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

Thanks both, I am just terrible at working stuff like that out!

@lillytheunicorn yes 8 months now. They don’t seem hungry on 3 50g portions (plus one meal of packet food still) but I can up it and see if they eat it all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice