Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A delicate matter.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by springerpete, Nov 11, 2012.

1. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Now you lot, I dont want any repies saying that this made you chuckle. It just wouldn't be proper.............
    Today I went to the woods with the lads. had a great walk, the lads were enjoying themselves by scaring the living daylights out of a number of unwary pheasants. Skye was doing his 'I'm a Springer, I can get through anything'' act for most of the time, Flyte is a little more cautious in and around brambles and blackberry bushes, but not Skye, nothing seems to stop him.
    We eventualy got back to the car and as Skye jumped in I noticed with horror that his tail and rear end feathers were bloodied. As he was also quite muddy I was unable to see for sure exactly where the blood was coming from. Thinking the worst we yet again had a hasty and somewhat erratic drive home, after 'phoning the Lady Rose to tell her of his problem, a call which, no doubt left her wondering what on Earth the little tyke had done to himself this time.
    I arrived home to find that she had prepared a bath to wash him in and enable a closer examination of the offending area and discovered that in one of his forays into the brambles he had badly scratched, how shall I put this, his 'Bits'
    Rose, being the consumate nurse that she is, cleaned and disinfected the affected, and, I must say, very sore looking parts of his anatomy and, with me holding his rear end up in the air to afford her easier access to administer a liberal coat of sudocreme. Not a very dignified position for a young spaniel to find himself put into, but needs must.
    He is, I'm pleased to say, perfectly fine, if a tad tender, and one would hope that he's learnt another lesson from this episode, take your time when trashing through blackberry bushes............. But I doubt it, I really do.

2. Ruffers

Ruffers PetForums Senior

Ouch!!

Poor boy, I'm guessing you felt his pain...;)

Hope he isn't feeling too sore!

3. sophieanne93

sophieanne93 PetForums Member

Awww, poor little guy! Must say this did make me giggle a tad :D

I wish his gentleman region a hasty recovery!

4. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Sudocream... best friend of sporting dog and man !

5. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Ouch!! I hope his 'bits' are looking better and feeling less tender soon. Poor chap.

6. astara

astara PetForums Senior

ohhh skye u poor lovey bless ur not do that again in a hurry :eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::eek::)

7. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

He needs to apply some "BodyGlide" to the area like all serious athletes do. :lol:

My Hugo (half spanner, half collie) nearly had a very similar incident when he was just a little pup, trying to follow his big brother Oscar (full spanner) through the brambles, it didn't bleed or catch his gentlemans areas (just a bad scratch along the side of his tummy into his groin) but the way he screamed made me think he was going to come out of the undergrowth with his insides on the outside - his collie half makes him a bit more sensitive than your average spaniel. :lol:

Oscar has never damaged his bits on the brambles but he has come out with a mouth full of blood due to cutting his tongue! :eek:

8. Calinyx

Calinyx PetForums VIP

Oohh...so he caught his plums in the brambles :eek: .

Poor lad :(

9. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

Poor lad with bruised "pride". Hope he is soon more comfortable.
    I had a great staffie X who insisted on charging through brambles with his eyes open thus collecting a corneal abrasion on three separate occasions when young ( before he learnt to blink?) He was a perfect gent when referred to a dog opthalmologist - sorry ambiguous - an opthalmologist for dogs. The only thing was when they showed him the letters on the board he wouldn't say them out loud.

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh dear - at least the young 'un managed to stay out of the vet's this time :eek:. There is a BC here who chases Kilo and nips his plums :scared:.

11. springerpete

Nope.. Didn't feel a thing..

12. fortunesfool

fortunesfool PetForums Senior

So I tried to recount this to the other half and it may have got lost in translation but I had to explain a second time that Pete was not on the receiving end of this unfortunate injury. :eek:

13. springerpete

Yes, that's another typical Spanner trick to scare the pants off you..

14. springerpete

That'll be he least of Kilos' worries when the pup arrives... All those puppy needles, worse than brambles.

15. Leam1307

Leam1307 PetForums Senior

Should maybe try one of those cups thats sports people wear to protect their bits.. I imagine he would just LOVE that! :D

16. springerpete

Were it me I doubt that my Lady would have been quite so attentive.

17. Skoust

Skoust PetForums Member

Ouch, poor boy! Hopefully he's learnt his lesson :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice