Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A celebration of life

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by thedogsmother, Feb 11, 2012.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I just wanted to share my Taz's life with you, she came to me with her sister Dash only 16 short months ago, she was full on from day one, she had one speed and that was fast. She only stopped for cuddles but she loved those. A few months ago she started with a small lump which grew, the vet was going to remove it if only we could get her respiratory infection under control but that wasnt to be. Anyway this is to celebrate her life. She was a real comic and I swear she did things just to get a reaction, she was sweet with people and a huge favourite in the mouse family, she loved baby mice or mice who were a bit poorly or weak, she would mother them and even brought food to them, Im going to miss my little upside down cage climber, the size of the hole shes left is testament to how big a character she was. If anyone wants to add a celebration of their lost babies here feel free, its not a rainbow bridge thread for mourning your babies, its a happy thread for remembering them. See you later Miss Taz look after that piece of my heart till I see you again :)

The lady herself
    [​IMG]

2. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

She sounds like a massive character for such a tiny mouse :)

3. bewitched

bewitched PetForums VIP

WHat a lovely thread. I love to think about the good times. I'm so sorry to hear about Taz, it seems like she brought a let of joy to your life.

I lost all my photos when my lap top died but I had a special Syrian hamster called Ted. He was such a little character and brought so much joy to my life. I have kept hamsters almost all my life but none were as special as he was. I cried for weeks when if left for the rainbow bridge until I decided that he left so I could open my heart to more little furries in need of a good home. He was definitely my heart hamster x

4. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

What a wonderful tribute to Taz, and so true that they take a piece of our hearts with them too x

5. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

thats such a great story about Taz....

Charlie the guinea pig was so friendly! he was always a lazy piggy, so he was quite fat:p
    he was always one of the friendlyest and greeted you when it was food time, and snuggled up to you at night.
    i knew him since he was a day old, along with his twin sister Lola (they looked very the same! and his other sister Mop.
    he really was so gorgeous and he had a wonderful life! he was so special and was so great with people.
    he went up to meet his dad and his uncle bubble and squeek at the for the first time at the bridge......
    RIP my special, adorable, gorgous, fat, fluffy, friendly piggy i love you so much!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i would also like to celebrate my friends rabbit (i know, not a rodent!) Rosie, she had a short but wonderful life, she was so friendly and loved cuddles:) she was so soft and beautiful
    [​IMG]
    your mummy loves u so much still!

#5 Ingrid25, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. thedogsmother

Its lovely that people are adding to this thread, its lovely to hear how some of our bridge babies lived their lives and who they were when they were still with us :).

7. thedogsmother

Well Im adding another wonderful fur baby to this thread, Bang left unexpectedly this morning, it ws very quick and I dont think he suffered which is what he deserved. What can I say about this gorgeous boy, he was funny and loving and loved to play hand spiders more than any rat Ive met, Im going to really miss this little boy but Im glad he didnt suffer any pain and he will be having tons of fun with his brothers and sisters who are already at the bridge. Just remember this is a happy thread everyone :)

[​IMG]

8. Maltey

Maltey PetForums VIP

O no TDM I can't believe he went. I'm so sorry for your loss {hugs}

At least he had a lovely life- he sounds like a charmer :)

#8 Maltey, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  9. bewitched

bewitched PetForums VIP

WHat a gorgeous man. He looks very cheeky :D

10. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Oh dear! Poor girl! But what a fantastic life she had and what an amazing little personality! And what unusual colouring!...certainly from my perspective :D

11. thedogsmother

I didnt think I would be making an entry on this thread so soon after loosing Bang but here I am again, its hard to be cheerful but Im trying:eek:.

For anyone who remembers a couple of years ago my mice had two unexpected litters, one of those mice was Freckles, she was an amazing mum and generally an amazing mouse, she took it on herself to mother any new mice and to be everyones friend, she looked after all the poorly or fragile mice and was always pleased to see people. She had a little bit of biscuit on my hand last night and that was the last time I saw her alive. She even made it to an amazing age 29 months (very old for a lady mouse), I think she didnt want to let go of life.

This was my little star Freckles as an old lady (beautiful even then), she will be at the bridge now with lots of her children and most of her little charges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bewitched

bewitched PetForums VIP

I will be positive -

What a lucky mouse mummy you are to have had such amazing little ones in work life xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice