UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I'm having a baby and if anyone comes near my cats to come take them from me I'll use pregnancy hormones as an excuse and bite them :D

What a pathetic excuse eh?...AND I still clean the litter tray!

G

·
God that is so horrible. What's the problem with having cats if you're having a baby? I had my baby whilst I owned 6 cats and never experienced a single problem.

I hate they way they've just said "If you want it, come and get it"! Shocking attitude towards a cat who has no idea what's going to happen and has spent probably years giving the owner love :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
This has made me so sad,

If I could drive I'd go and get the poor baby. People make me sick sometimes.

I hope he gets a good home :(

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
I dont know how to remove the phone number but had to post. Poor cat, another being dumped as theres a baby on the way :sad:

free big ginger and white cat | Manchester, Greater Manchester | Pets4Homes
You think that is bad , look at Gumtree and see the reasons..... We are going on holiday on Saturday so has to go asap....but the most digusting was: Mum's getting a white carpet so the cat has to go...leave the phone number there, it may help the poor cat to find a DECENT home.

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
God that is so horrible. What's the problem with having cats if you're having a baby? I had my baby whilst I owned 6 cats and never experienced a single problem.

I hate they way they've just said "If you want it, come and get it"! Shocking attitude towards a cat who has no idea what's going to happen and has spent probably years giving the owner love :(
I had two dogs and would not have dreamt of getting rid of them when I was pregnant. We had a really old vet who said "You know, so many people buy a cat/dog like you or I might buy a hat", and he's right.
I think calling the cat "it" must be because they are foreign and not too good with personal pronouns, he, she etc?

G

·
G

·
You think that is bad , look at Gumtree and see the reasons..... We are going on holiday on Saturday so has to go asap....but the most digusting was: Mum's getting a white carpet so the cat has to go...leave the phone number there, it may help the poor cat to find a DECENT home.
This is an even worse excuse. This cat needs a decent home and loving owners that are going to keep it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have heard of/read every excuse under the sun for rehoming and it makes me so sad. :(

I took in two cats who were both pregnant with kittens, when i was pregnant myself with my son who is now 14 years old.
They were going to be on the streets otherwise. Both mums gave birth within 8 hours of each other and both had 4 kittens each 6 weeks before my son was born.

It was a hectic time coming home with a newborn to 8, 6 week old kittens, two mums and 3 other children already!!

But do you know what if i could go back and do it all again i would.

Not once was i advised to "Get Rid" as some people kindly put it. Midwife jut told me to be careful with the litter trays. In fact she spent a little longer than necessary with us so she could get some cuddle time with the kittens!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.