Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A bit upset...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sid&kira, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Just feelin a bit down atm.... So i'll rant to you lot! sorry.... :lol:

I have a step sister (step dads daughter) who will be 16 this august, I havent seen her for about 8 years now, her mum married a US serviceman and went with him when he got relocated to the US about 10 years ago, she had main custody of Lauren so she went with her.

It broke my Dads heart, as well as mine, my mums and my little brothers, who was about 2 at the time. He was diagnosed with depression and my mum had to threaten to walk out on him just to get him back to work (harsh but effective, he did have 2 kids to support).

We would write to her, phone her and Dad sent money every xmas and birthday, the same amount as would be spent on me and Kyle (lil bro) converted to dollars. He rung her on her birthday and christmas to make sure she got the card and the money, because she would never ring us, we thought she would start ringing as she got old enough....

One christmas when she was about 12(?) he rung her and she slammed the phone down on him, he rung again and her mum said 'she doesnt wanna talk to you', turns out her money wasnt there on time (postal strike).

About 3 years ago he rung one xmas and got a dead/unknown number, he tried loads of times but couldnt get through, same again when it was her birthday.

2 years ago he stopped sending her money because he never got a call or a letter and we couldnt get through on the number we had.

Last year I found her mum on facebook and managed to speak to Lauren through there, she said to give her love to everyone, except Dad, because he had never done anything for her or cared about her. :confused1: I said that I wouldnt be able to do that then because he would find out we were talking, wanna talk to her, then get upset, and I wasnt prepared to do that.

Her mum deleted me off her facebook...

I've tried adding her again loads of times, but she keeps rejecting me... :frown:

Im sure her mums doing it without her knowing, Lauren rung mums house a few months back asking to speak to Dad, but got off the phone really quickly, like she wasnt ment to be on there ya know??

I just dont get it.... I only wanna speak to her... she doesnt have her own facebook or anything, no msn, I cant ring her, I dont know her address and couldnt find out without my dad knowing.... and even then I wonder if it would even reach Laurens hands :frown:

Sorry for the long post :eek:

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I am so sorry your having to deal with this. I hate when parents do this. Play mindgames and think they own the child just because they had main custody. I feel the dad always gets the raw deal. Its awful that his daughter is treating him the way she does, when he has clearly tried. Could your dad not ask the US police to find out her number? I really feel for him.

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

TBH I think he's given up and moved on... He doesnt know how she feels, I dont have the heart to tell him.... :frown:

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

its just awful. I would never turn my back on either parent even when they devoiced I didnt we all only have one mum and dad.

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Her mum's turned into one of the bitchy american women you see in the telly programs (tbh she was always like that, just without the accent lol) so it wouldnt suprise me if she is telling lauren lies :mad:

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

lol at without the accent. It sounds like it dosen't it, poor girl. I really hate when parents do this kind of thing. Has he sent the money recorded delivery? that way he can be sure it got their? he would have proof to show her that way too

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Me too, and I dont get why she's stopped contact with me... My cousin is still on here, so why arent I? :confused1:

8. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Im not sure, like I said he hasnt bothered for 2 years as we didnt even know if it was getting there....

9. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

maybe try sending a letter to her recorded?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice