Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

A bit of a strange one for you.....

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by niki, Jul 29, 2009.

1. niki

niki PetForums Senior

My new kitten, Meesha, keeps attacking me in the middle of the night. She's seems to be doing this playfully as she's purring at the same time! But she only does it to me, not my OH!!! and i don't know why!!! she seems to go for either my hands, thighs or generally my back and shoulders - right where my bra straps go??? I woke up with her sat on the back of my shoulders this morning (about 3:20am!!!!) scratching and biting at my strap....... she's got me really confused. :confused::confused::confused:

2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

i have a cat that did that for a few months and then just stopped it? No idea why it started or stopped but she is ok now. She gives me the odd nip when i stroke her but i dont think she means it lol, my neighbour is terrified of her pmsl!

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

When my oh first moved in, my cat at the time (Marmie) hated him, he wouldn't look at him when he was awake, and when he was asleep he would attack his feet . These weren't just playfull nips but full on bites, I wasn't too worried, because he liked me:D, but my oh seemed to have a problem with it (just fussy I guess). One night he pretended to be asleep,then when Marmie came a creeping, ready to pounce,out came the water pistol. After getting squirted about three times, he stopped attacking my oh. Eventually they grew to love each other:D.

4. niki

niki PetForums Senior

Im hoping it's just phase she's going thru. I try to play with her as much as poss before bed to tire her out but that hasn't worked!! I don't think I'd be bothered if she was doing it to OH but it's meee!!! hehe!

We've tried telling her a firm no, taking her off the bed n putting down on the floor, somebody said blow at her n then I've tried water too. All of which she just looks at me as though to say 'yeah like I'm bothered by that'!!! If u spray her with water she doesn't even flinch! Jus stares u out!!

5. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Hi, its perfectly natural for your kitten to be behaving this way, she is playing thats all and cats prefer the night time to play! Our kitten does it all the time, if you don't want her in the bedroom I would suggest putting her in another room. The water spray doesnt work with our kitty either lol

Maybe get her a friend so they will play with each other?

6. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Yes a couple of mine do it to me not my hubby !!! :eek: i guess it's cos they love me !!!!!!!!! :001_tt2: x

7. niki

niki PetForums Senior

She's got three other friends here lol!! I actually got Meesha as a friend for Mitzi (my second youngest) as she was too playful for the older two. This has worked. They spend aaaaages chasing each other round. In fact i've now nicknamed her 'shadow' as she goes everywhere that mitzi does!

I remember the other three been a tad playful at night - chasing feet under the duvet etc but this one seems to have a real thing about bra straps! She's a little odd bod!! I actually gave her an old bra to play with but she wasnt interested! obviously not as fun as scratching mummys shoulders!!

I have tried shuttin her out but she cries so much and i'm not very strong willed so she soon won that one.

Might try laying a bra over OH while he's asleep so she might attack him!!! Least I might get a good nights sleep!! :D

8. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

To be honest i think she may be wise to that :D it's you she want's trust me i have 8 !!! she love's you the most just like my City loves me ! :001_tt2::D x there's NO escape !!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

9. niki

niki PetForums Senior

lol. she is such a baby. she loves her cuddles and kisses but i spose when i start dozing thats when the teeth n claws come out!! little attention seeker!! i'm going to have to ask her nicely if she'll just give me a gently tap or nudge!! do u think she'll agree?!!! :rolleyes: hmmmm, me neither!

10. Princessiona

Princessiona PetForums Newbie

My kitten does this too and she only does it to me. She is very playful all the time and although she likes to scratch and bite both me and my boyfriend I am her preferred choice. My boyfriend has commented that she is much naughtier when I am around.

Does this mean she likes me best or is there another reason for it?

11. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

lol They are stubborn little buggars arent they? :p Mine has a habit of going for my glasses all the time!

12. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

id say she only does it to you coz your her main carer. does oh feed,play with her ect?

Sheldon will only wake me up durin the nite coz he nos oh wont wake up. i went away last week and he still didnt wake oh up even tho i wasnt there.

with the attacking i think she's tryin to play. so youll have to correct the behaviour. jst try puttin her on the floor everytim she does it and praise her if she jst curls up with you to sleep :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice