Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

9 week puppy diarrhea

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Gorillageoff, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Gorillageoff

Gorillageoff PetForums Newbie

Hello we got our king Charles cavalier puppy over a week ago at 8 weeks she is just over 9 weeks now. We were given some pedigree puppy kibble from the breeder once we ran out we bought some more but the kibble shape was different so think it might of been different, we also gave her puppy treats whilst training her. She then got diarrhea which got softer the vet said to give her rice and then chicken and rice and slowly start adding her kibble again. Well a day of rice and the diarrhea is still here but changed colour to a greeny brown colour and is sorry to say squirting out is this normal does it take a day or so after rice then chicken and rice to start to get firmer?

2. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

As you have visited your vet already and he has advised chicken and rice I would carry on with that but in my opinion you have misheard your vet when feeding chicken and rice it is usual to feed the chicken and rice together and it's best to give boiled chicken not roasted I would keep her on the chicken and rice for about 5 days also how mant times a day are you feeding her at 9 weeks she should be fed 4 times a day.Is your puppy still playing and alert if she starts getting lethargic you will need to take her back to the vet.
    Pedigree isn't the best puppy food lots of additives and very little meat,Pets at home do a very good food in the same price range as Pedigree it's called Step up to naturals:)

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Puppies are prone to upset tummies, think what they have been though over the last week or so, Stick to the vets advise for a few more days, feed a little 4 times a day, if no better by Monday speak to your vet again.

You could try streamed fish instead of chicken.

niamh123 likes this.
  4. Gorillageoff

Gorillageoff PetForums Newbie

Hi. Thanks for you replies.
    I had her on chicken and rice and her poo became normal again so I transitioned her back to her regular food and the diarrhea has started again so has to be the food. I'm taking her to the vet again tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice