Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

9 days to go

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by cdcclub, Jun 29, 2009.

1. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

Not long left now till Kiera is due her puppies, She is getting bigger every day and the puppies are now very active moving around.

She is happily popping in and out of her whelping box but still prefers to sleep beside me at night, getting up at 5am every morning to go out for a wee.

My mentor reckons though that we will see the arrival of the pups by the end of this week :eek: Don't know what I would do without her she has been great and she is looking forward to her boy becoming a dad again.

I have always had an amazing bond with my girl anyway but I have found that as time is going on we have an even deeper connection on a whole new level if that makes sense.

Although we are obviously all excited that the puppies will be born soon we will be spending the coming days relaxing and conserving our energy . we shall see how that pans out ;)

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

All the best when puppies are due ..xx

Dont for get the golden rule!.......Lots of pictures!!!;):D

3. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

Plenty of pictures that's a promise :D

4. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

ooh thats good.....:D

5. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

Due to the fact my dad is a semi pro photographer but alas they are away on holiday till Friday.

6. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

she has now spent almost the full day wandering about with her cuddly giraffe by her side bless her:001_wub::001_wub:

7. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

some panting tonight and staring into space, doubt very much she is going into labour but will keep my eye on her anyways as there has been no other signs yet and I think it is too early for that. Will however text my mentor should I become worried.

maybe it just the heat:confused:

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I have cats but its always intereting how other pets get on through labour...so i will follow this thread...how is she now?

9. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

still panting and pacing about, she has put all her cuddly toys into her whelping box and is popping in and out of it like a yo yo, will try and get her to settle down.

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Aww bless her...so she might be getting ready then...must be horrible in this weather tho...think ul be having a sleepless night...

11. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

she has had none of the other signs like a temperature drop, not really gone off her food, and no mucus discharge so not overly worried, don't wish to wake up anyone just yet if it is a false alarm.

but if she does go into labour tonight my mentor/birthing partner can be here in 10 minutes

12. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

least your mentor is at the end of the phone, so lots of support...might just be the heat...it is rather warm...i have a pregnant cat and she wont keep still...

still very exciting tho..bet you cant wait..i cant for tias babies..Im keeping 1 and calling it MJ...

13. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

yeah it is very exciting, she does look like a wee barrel at the moment, I have put the fan back on see if that works. I am soo glad I went to bed at 9 at least I got some sleep.:D

14. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw wow more puppies!! :001_wub:what breed is she??
    how is she now?? poor thing the heat must be killing her!!

15. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

she is fine so far, she has settled a little although still panting and laying by the front door:rolleyes:

she is a border collie.

16. Cavalierlover123

Aw i love border collies!! The pups will be gorg, cant wait to see them! You must be so excited!! :)

17. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

very excited and looking forward to their arrival, although i do hope they stay in there for a good few more days at least. I really think it is just the heat tbh but I shall be going no where, and myself and Kiera will have to sleep down stairs from now on.

18. Cavalierlover123

Aw, ye it will be good for her and the pups if they stay in for a few more days!! She can rest then and get ready for the pups. :)Does she wake much at night ? I know with pregnant woman they wake alot at night sapposedly the body is getting ready to be woke up when the baby comes, well so my sister told me. So id say its pretty much the same. ?

19. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

She has been waking up early morning around about 5am but usually just quick pee then back to bed.

i do have a lot of sympathy for her when the pups are moving, when I was pregnant with my second son he never stopped moving he would literallt turn from head up to head down on a regular basis i hardley slept at all for the final few months, should have been a warning of things to come as he is still the same now even though he is 8:rolleyes:

20. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

how is the mum to be today? :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice