Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

8 Out Of 10 Owners Said Their Pets Preferred It....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa0307, Aug 22, 2013.

1. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

When pet food companies do their taste tests with cats and dogs, how do they pick the correct cat/dog.

...I only ask because if our dog was to do their taste test and was presented with bowls of food to pick which one he preferred, he'd without a shadow of a doubt quickly eat up every bowl of food with no hesitation :D

2. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

What, the little one in your avatar? Doesn't look like the greedy type :)

3. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

He doesn't eat a thing now hun, he's at Rainbow bridge....our first dog, haven't the heart to ever remove it :(

4. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

My boy would just start with the closest then work his way along until he's sick.... then carry on where he left off. My oldest girl wouldn't be far behind either.

Only the other more 'refined' lady might be a bit choosy but then she would probably snub the lot. Its a battle to convince her to eat.

5. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I think they tamper with the other bowls so only the food they want the dogs or cats to eat is nice.

6. porps

porps Swollen Member

it would be easy with my cats. Frankie in particular is really fussy and will turn his nose up at the vast majority of cat foods.

7. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

tbh I think the cats and dogs in the adverts are highly trained to leave one bowl and go to the next.

The caption 8 out of 10 owners said their pets preferred it. There is no way of checking that. In the same way that millions are returning to BT. It just advertising at its best. ;)

Kind of well if its good enough for them then its good enough for me.

8. porps

porps Swollen Member

ye and it could be 8 out of 10 pets preffered it... but only 1 out of another 10 pets preffered it, and none out of yet another 10 pets preffered it... its not the same thing as saying 80%.

9. DollyGirl08

DollyGirl08 PetForums VIP

Well Sandy eats poo so she'd hardly be fussy about the food she was given lol. She'd be useless in taste testing.

10. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

IN theory your dog would still have to chose one to eat first before the others..... but yeah it is all BS my dog would probably go for a bowl of peas over anything on the market:)

11. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

My GSD would tip the bowl over with her paw, sniff the mess and walk away. She turns her noes up at everything. Even her favorite food must be prepared a certain way or she won't eat it :rolleyes:

12. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

if milo and jake were the candidates guaranteed they would eat anything im in the process of diagnosing them with feline pica :confused:

13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's not just Dillon then :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice