Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

8 month old corn snake need help with feeding

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by AlecDuf, May 11, 2020.

1. AlecDuf

AlecDuf PetForums Newbie

Hey guys, I don't know if i'm at the right place for this, this is my first reddit post. Anyways, i got this 8 month old albino corn snake about 2 months ago. At the pet shop they said to feed him half a pinky which I found odd, they said he wouldn't eat or else. Since i've gotten him, he's accepted only 2 full pinkies but other wise, he won't eat unless it's cut in half and he'll only eat one half. He's 10g, which is very light for his age I assume, thus the need for help.
    He has a 18x18x24 inch terrarium, he has a cool side which is around 75-80F, which he hangs out most of the time, his heated side has a heating mat that's at 82F, over that he has a medium sized hidding spot, with a heating bulb over that, heating at 88F. I've seen him strike once, the first time I fed him, he striked at a full pinky, but ever since he never striked, not at me or food, he never bit me. Though, he looks very interested everytime I show him food, he'll push his nose on it and flicker his tongue but he doesn't bite or strike.
    Thank you and I hope someone here can help me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice