Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

8 month Labrador barking/whining at night

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Edmondk, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Edmondk

Edmondk PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

Can anyone help me, I have had my fox red Labrador since a puppy, she has slept through the night fine in her crate and now for the last 2 weeks she won't sleep on a night, I have tried everything from checking for noises, making sure she is exercised enough etc etc. I have tried ignoring her on a night and telling her off, nothing is working and I really don't know what to do.

Can anyone give me any ideas or tips of what I can do to change this?

Thanks in advance

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

She might be hearing something, even a hedgehog passing or similar. Try putting her bed in a different room?

Jamesgoeswalkies and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

Does she cry for you straight away or wake up in the night or wake up early morning? There are many reasons for a change of behaviour in this regard ....I presume she is ok in every other way and not in pain or poorly? And if she isn't spayed is the coming into her first season ....?

It's most likely that something is waking her ....or has done .....and in which case i agree with the previous poster, maybe put her bed elsewhere or cover it. I find changing the routine helps, too ...time of last meal, last walk, last wee and actual bed time. And leaving her an Antler or something to chew on .....

Short walks are good and maybe training if you are looking to fulfil her exercise quota.

J

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice