Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

7 year old dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Rubi Pena, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Rubi Pena

Rubi Pena PetForums Newbie

Hello. I have a 7 year old and 5 year old miniature poodles. The 7 year old hid under the bed after a walk yesterday. Seems to smell her rectum. She doesn't want to lie down although at times she will. She did throw up a bit after eating this morning and her poop looked soft and grainy. The past week or so she was hiding under the bed as well, she threw up more on Sunday after eating but ate a while later and kept the food down. She is still eating and drinking water. I have noticed she does seem uncomfortable. She wanted to go outside earlier, walked to one end of the yard, sat, leaned more on one side, and laid down. The ground is wet from rain from last night, which isn't laying down isn't something she would do since she doenst like walking in wet grass. Last night, she did seem to sleep even though before she was sitting up. I'm not sure if it could be her anal glands or something else. Should I keep watching her and maybe it'll pass? What else should I look for? Should I consider this to be serious? She's been eating the same food, same as my other dog, but its a new bag. I did give them ceasers on Saturday evening and Sunday morning (it's what she threw up). They are my first dogs and sometimes I do panic. Any help is highly appreciated.

#1 Rubi Pena, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  2. pennyLokiMUM

pennyLokiMUM PetForums Senior

If your dog is being sick and showing signs of pain and the behaviour is not acting her normal way, then it warrants a trip to the vet, I have never know anal glands to cause sickness, she could have a stomach bug, worms etc, or it could be back pain. If you have changed the diet without gradually introducing it, any change of food needs a 7/10 day introduction, that could cause an upset tum, with vomiting and loose poop, dogs do not do change in food, if any my dogs are sick its starve for 8 hours and then little and often of their own food or chicken and rice soft diet. If this was my dog and still being sick after 24 hours which for you started at the weekend, I would have my dog in the vet today.

Burrowzig and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

4. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Vet - no one is an expert here on your dog, if you are worried enough to write a post you should go and get it checked out.

Burrowzig likes this.
  5. PupsterPassion

PupsterPassion PetForums Newbie

I agree, assuming you can afford it, get to the vet ASAP

6. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

She could have infection in an anal gland or, more likely, some problem in her bowel.

As she's in pain, she really needs to be examined by a Vet.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Jackie Lee

Jackie Lee Banned

So far a lot of comments here is about vet and I think you should follow what they have advice you since we are not an expert here especially when it talks about sickness of the dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice