Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

7 months Shar Pei needs advice (Red neck!!)

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Bofilante, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Bofilante

Bofilante PetForums Newbie

Hi,

my shar pei has had a huge red pimple in his neck as well as irritation all over his neck and upper belly for over a month. Our vets gave him a shot of antibiotic for the infection as well as a shot for allergies but it doesn't seem to make him feel better.. even after two full weeks. Has anyone heard of any similar case??? What could I do for my suffering puppy? Has anyone have other advises about skin and Shar peis???

Thanks in advance..

Bofilante

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi i do know that shar pei's do and can suffer with skin problems, your vet needs to do more test to find out what causing it

hope it gets sorted soon for your poor pup :)

3. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Hi there our Daisy had a big pimple like thing that burst after a day or 2 it was like a propper boil our vet said it could have been black berry thawn that had stung her, to dogs it can give a fairly adverse reaction so has your dog been mooching in black berry bushes the other thing she said was it could have been a tick bite but as yours seems more wide spread maybe its an allergic reaction to the pimple and whatever it was that caused it . is the area that is sore dry too ,looking like excema it could be that if its excema and your dogs scratched it with dirty paws it could have infected it causng the spot. a good thing to try although it can be a bit messy is virgin olive oil sparingly massaged into the affected areas its quite soothing on irritated skin and ive used it for years on such things as cradle cap and psoriosis sorry about the spelling lol .im a hairdresser and i can tell you for skin irritation if you want to go down a holistic route while your waiting for vet diagnosis it cant hurt to try ive had clients with new borns who ive told to use it and within a few weeks its done the trick .:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice