Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

64 days pregnant bitch suspected temp drop??

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Skyebulldog, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Skyebulldog

Skyebulldog PetForums Newbie

My dog's 64 days today her temp have been around 37.3 to 37.6 last 4 days I got up this morning and did her temp and it was reading around 36.6 could this be the drop before labour... She currently sleeping deeply she off her food and water today

2. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Soulds like shes in the first stages. Think your going to be up all night

3. Skyebulldog

IThank you it has dropped again now to 36.2 do I count from the 1st drop this morning or the 36.2?

4. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Just make sure from now she is not left on her own. You will need to stay up with her now over night because labour could start any time. Dont keep taking her temperature she wont thank you for it.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Skyebulldog

She sleeps upstairs with me anyway and I would never leave her esp at this time! Nope I'm not taking anymore temps now as iv identified the drop so there be no need now. Thank you

6. Skyebulldog

Fingers crossed

7. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Keep a look out now for her having a dig and scratch at her bedding as that's likely that things are moving on and also panting. Then you might notice small amounts of straining as she is moving the pups in place but once she starts straining/ pushing hard if there is no pup born writhin an hour call the vet. Is she an British bulldog?

8. Skyebulldog

OK she still ain't eaten or drunk water she in her pen grumbling to herself now... She been losing mucus for for days bit by bit... No that's an old girl of mine unfortunately she passed away.. I have a staffordshire bull terrier.

9. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Make sure if she goes out to toilet she's on a lead
    you don't want her scurrying under a shed or bush, to have them
    or,
    dropping a pup in the dark

10. Skyebulldog

Thanks for the advice shes well attended to while outside there's nothing for her to hide under thankfully and I go with her every time and I watch her like a hawk

11. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

The usual signs of labour are nesting/digging, restlessness, loss of appetite/vomiting and shivering/trembling.

Once she begins to pant, watch for her pushing/straining. If she pushes for twenty minutes with no resulting pup, ring your Vet.

Don't wait longer than twenty minutes.

12. Skyebulldog

Thank you no nesting or panting just yet just on and off deep sleeping and it's like when she gets up she don't know what to do with herself bless her! I'm keeping a close eye on her. She hasn't eaten all day no has she drunk anything all day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice