Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

60 minute makeover

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alaun, Aug 22, 2011.

1. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I can never quite understand how these teams of experts can turn up and redecorate 3 rooms in someone's house without their prior knowledge. Surely they must have to get written consent from the home owner? :confused:

It's obvious that they must have room dimensions in order to get things that fit, and I can see that friends or family members could sneek around and get those - but even though I'd love to have my house decorated by someone else I'd want a say in how it was done and what got thrown away.

How do you think they do it? And do you reckon the home owners know beforehand?

2. ruff

ruff PetForums Member

Don't know - don't think i would be very happy if they came in my house though! Have you seen some of the paint work - its not very straight oh and they don't do ceilings!!

It 10 min make over for me tape it start at 5 mins to see why they doing it then ff to 46/47 mins and it just gets when they come home! bit sad of me i know but can't help but tape it!! lol

3. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i think they must have to give consent to be registered for the show and then maybe the family dont tell them that they have been chosen for the show. Thats the only way i can think of

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I dont believe any of it tbh, they never do all that in 60mins i can tell ya.:rolleyes::)

5. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

The paintwork is awful that they do- and I would love to know how they get paint to dry in 30 mins as they normally paint the first half and then the second is to finish off and the furniture comes in.

I bet when the owners move furniture and pictures etc... all the backs are covered in paint :D

6. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

The paint work is awful isn't it! I also noticed the other day that none of the wardrobes/cupboards etc. weren't filled, so the home owner would have to do all that themselves, but where is all their stuff? 3 rooms worth of stuff in various places in the house would take some sorting out.
    Plus who'd want all those strangers going through your private stuff, I'd feel violated lol

7. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

someone on a forum i used to go on lived next to a woman who had it done, apparently it actually takes a LOT longer than 60mins, in the 60mins they done the very basics and the woman wasn`t aware in anyway that it was going to happen. they only properly done up the areas that the camera would see and the rest was either done really shoddily or just left. if i remember rightly she actually had to redecorate after it all and had a major falling out with her hubby over it :eek: i never did find out which episode it was on or anything though

as much as id love a free makeover for my house i would need to have a say and pick out everything, it wouldn`t be my house otherwise

8. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Another thing that annoys me is that they always cram the house so full of stuff!!

Half the time I think how can they see the TV where they have placed it or how can they all fit round the table as once chairs are pulled out it will bash into other stuff etc....

9. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

It would be interesting to see what my friends would choose for me - I bet they think they know my tastes better than they actually do. They'd probably go all modern or shabby chic when I actually love traditional farmhouse style...

I wonder if they've ever been sued by anyone?

Do you remember another similar programme years ago on bbc1 where the neighbours swapped houses and did one room up with the help of a stylist?

ETA it was called changing rooms.

I remember one episode involving Laurence Llewlyn Bowen (Sp?) and the woman hated it so much she cried! And on another where Linda Barker created a shelving unit for a womans teapot collection - it broke smashing most of the collection!

10. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i remember hearing about the teapot incident :eek: the thing is these people don`t seem to understand/care that some of these items have a lot of sentimental value to the owners - to them it`s just a shabby teapot but to the owner it`s priceless. i`d love to see their reaction if someone went in and turned their house upside down!

11. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

12. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice